1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received this today after making another "resistance is futile" trip to Ted Yost's shop. One more piece from Perry's Collection caught my attention. This particular 1911 was crafted in the BEC shop by Lou without his signature Morse Code format that he is well known for. I thought the simplistic serration treatment done in his familiar finish was a quiet, subtle, presentation.
It is shown here in a calm shaded afternoon setting.

The last pic shows........ some mild.... some wild.
As the Starlord would say... "A bit of both"

Air gun Sleeve Trigger Gun barrel Personal protective equipment
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Revolver
Glasses Air gun Trigger Eyewear Revolver
Bumper Air gun Tints and shades Gun accessory Automotive design

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,093 Posts
Hey, that’s my gun! I spec’d it too to bottom, and I worked with Derwood to custom make the grips. I sent them some drawings and they nailed it. The serrations theme on that gun still catches my eye. I’m glad not only Perry liked it enough to get it from me, but that you like it as well! Lou did a great job on it.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, that’s my gun! I spec’d it too to bottom, and I worked with Derwood to custom make the grips. I sent them some drawings and they nailed it. The serrations theme on that gun still catches my eye. I’m glad not only Perry liked it enough to get it from me, but that you like it as well! Lou did a great job on it.
You sound somewhat happy to see it again, I sense that in your comment.
Just know that it will have a home amongst some good company.
I too, have spec'd out a serration gun build. Not with Lou, but with a vision just the same.

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
Pretty darn sweet, Lou builds an awesome blaster, just added mine to my carry permit. You’ve been adding some serious guns recently. Looking forward to your thoughts and range reports on these. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you’d like.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pretty darn sweet, Lou builds an awesome blaster, just added mine to my carry permit. You’ve been adding some serious guns recently. Looking forward to your thoughts and range reports on these. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you’d like.
Thanks for the nice comments.
I've had the good fortune to meet some great Addicts & Gun Smiths through this forum. It has lead to some top notch knowledge, pristine hardware but better yet, great friendships.

Edited for this thought.....
I really get pissed when I read about newbies complaining that they can't buy or sell on day one.... they have no idea what this forum has to offer.
..... End of Rant....

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,093 Posts
You sound somewhat happy to see it again, I sense that in your comment.
Just know that it will have a home amongst some good company.
I too, have spec'd out a serration gun build. Not with Lou, but with a vision just the same.
I am very glad to see it again, and it makes me happy to know that some serious collectors (Perry, you) like the vision I had for the gun enough to want to add it to their collection. To me, that means it’s a cohesive build, which isn’t always easy to accomplish. There was a lot of emotional investment in it, envisioning the end result...making sure Lou knew how I wanted parts bobbed, getting the grips right between multiple emails with Derwood. So yes, very, very glad to see it again! Enjoy it sir!

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,093 Posts
Here’s the original thread on it:

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow!!.......... this is sooooo appreciated!!
As with a lot of Perry's collection going through Ted. There are many items without documentation.
I truely appreciate you sharing.

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,093 Posts
Wow!!.......... this is sooooo appreciated!!
As with a lot of Perry's collection going through Ted. There are many items without documentation.
I truely appreciate you sharing.
I’ll try to track down my original invoice for it.

Perry had 6 or 7 builds that were originally mine/my specs. Some fellas have tracked them back to me and I was happy to give them anything I had on them.

Youre welcome!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts