1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,093 Posts
Someone should do a tribute/write up on Perry. He seems like he was one hell of a guy

There was a number of years, maybe 4 years, where Perry was the primary buyer of every gun sold on here that was associated with Rogers, BEC, and Yost. He also had a ton of semi-customs. I am definitely not the right guy to write anything up on him as we were just acquaintances...but at one point he sent me a photo of one of his safes. The trained eye will recognize the top two rows as Rogers, Yost, and BEC builds. Out of the top two rows, half of those guns were mine. Perry was an amazing dude who lived a very full life, and happened to have one of the most amazing collections that grew well beyond the point when this photo was taken in 2017 or so. Just dug it out of my old text convo with him....

Eyewear Metal Wood Tool Household hardware

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,093 Posts
I have to say that is one nice thing to do for an addict. Cheers to you for doing that!
Having documentation for a gun is important, I always include the originals when I sell a custom, but I keep copies for my records and reminiscing. I’m hoping that I can find all of my files (moving kinda sucks!) They’re in a binder....somewhere. ;)

sorry for cluttering up this thread! I derailed it for sure.

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
@TheCustom1911

Thank you, anything is a help. Ted obviously speaks fondly of him and I was at Ted's place when he drove back after Christmas with 140 guns and a hodge-podge of magazines, boxes and documentation.

Apparently the rest of the pistol collection will be in Scottsdale after the 4th.

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,093 Posts
OMG I think I’m in love! I would be happy with that safe for the rest of my life. That’s like a woman’s dream shoe closet.
I never had enough money to own them all at once, I had to rotate...have some built, or bought...then sell them for the next wave coming in. Perry was incredibly fortunate to do what I was unable to do...buy them all and keep them! :) The journey was the fun part for me, and I still am incredibly fortunate to have had the opportunities that I did. In hindsight, I should have figured out how to have kept them all...back then, most anything could be had for $3-7k. Now, things are double that and as much as I want to be, I am just not a player anymore.

@TheCustom1911

Thank you, anything is a help. Ted obviously speaks fondly of him and I was at Ted's place when he drove back after Christmas with 140 guns and a hodge-podge of magazines, boxes and documentation.

Apparently the rest of the pistol collection will be in Scottsdale after the 4th.
Yes. The Crown Jewels of the collection, I presume. Not sure how Perry ever made that distinction which ones were his favs, with all those SPECTACULAR guns!

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
There was a number of years, maybe 4 years, where Perry was the primary buyer of every gun sold on here that was associated with Rogers, BEC, and Yost. He also had a ton of semi-customs. I am definitely not the right guy to write anything up on him as we were just acquaintances...but at one point he sent me a photo of one of his safes. The trained eye will recognize the top two rows as Rogers, Yost, and BEC builds. Out of the top two rows, half of those guns were mine. Perry was an amazing dude who lived a very full life, and happened to have one of the most amazing collections that grew well beyond the point when this photo was taken in 2017 or so. Just dug it out of my old text convo with him....

View attachment 1021154
Amazing!!!
I'm very glade to hear that my new aquisition has a bit of Chuck's work done to it.
He is one of the top Gun Smiths that I don't (until now) have any of his work. I was hoping to get something done by him but find his books to be closed/limited access. I'm probably getting too old to get something commisioned and built before my time has passed. :(

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,093 Posts
Amazing!!!
I'm very glade to hear that my new aquisition has a bit of Chuck's work done to it.
He is one of the top Gun Smiths that I don't (until now) have any of his work. I was hoping to get something done by him but find his books to be closed/limited access. I'm probably getting too old to get something commisioned and built before my time has passed. :(
So you didn’t know it had Rogers work until I mentioned it?! Dude, that’d make my day...I hope it made yours!!

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So you didn’t know it had Rogers work until I mentioned it?! Dude, that’d make my day...I hope it made yours!!
Very much so!!
However.......... I'm waaaaaaay too OLD to be a Dude.... just sayin ;)

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,093 Posts
Ohhhhh I need to do that. What did you have done to it? I deeply lust after a GI gun just touched up enough... and this looks just right!
It got almost all the sauce. It did not get a frame weld-up for refit rails, it had zero imperfection touch up done. It did get all parts replaced, a kart barrel, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
me too
I missed that derr that @TheCollector picked up
Happy for him
:( for me
Tony.... in all fairness to me. It was posted 3 hrs. before I saw it.
As I scrolled down to see who did the "I'll take it" thing and saw that nobody had. I calmly wrote Greg a PM.... (Bullshyt!!! my F ing fingers were flying)
I was totally amazed it wasn't marked sold.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Tony.... in all fairness to me. It was posted 3 hrs. before I saw it.
As I scrolled down to see who did the "I'll take it" thing and saw that nobody had. I calmly wrote Greg a PM.... (Bullshyt!!! my F ing fingers were flying)
I was totally amazed it wasn't marked sold.
Oh I know , I saw how badly I blew it
I was tied up all morning with some condo business and getting a rather large check out to jess
And simply slacked off
You snooze you lose

Couldn’t have gone to a Better Home
You know where to find me when you’ve caretaken it long enough :)

it wouldn’t be so bad if I had serious interest in govt models or my collection was as hap hazard as when I started , but being on a commander binge options are not as vast

glad a great addict got it , well cared for it will be

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Oh I know , I saw how badly I blew it
I was tied up all morning with some condo business and getting a rather large check out to jess
And simply slacked off
You snooze you lose

Couldn’t have gone to a Better Home
You know where to find me when you’ve caretaken it long enough :)

it wouldn’t be so bad if I had serious interest in govt models or my collection was as hap hazard as when I started , but being on a commander binge options are not as vast

glad a great addict got it , well cared for it will be
Don't worry I blew it on that Reid 2 days ago. Instead of just buying it and then figuring out how to pay for it, I was trying to be responsible.....🙄

21 - 40 of 40 Posts