1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kind of thing needs to stop already!

From the Washington Examiner story 1:15pm Feb 21, 2021. (<Link to article)

Five people were shot, leaving one dead, on Sunday after gunfire erupted in a Missouri American Legion building.

Kennett Police Department officers responded after calls came in about "someone shooting a firearm." Law enforcement arrived to discover five people with gunshot wounds, and all were rushed to local hospitals. Two of the victims were reportedly in critical condition, according to KAIT 8.

A suspect has not yet been identified, and officers are seeking information in the investigation.

Authorities from the Missouri Highway Patrol and the Dunklin County Sheriff's Office have joined forces with the Kennett Police Department to investigate the incident.

The American Legion, which has branches throughout the United States, seeks to "enhance the well-being of America's veterans, their families, our military, and our communities by our devotion to mutual helpfulness."
This is a developing story and it will be updated.

Reactions: colrhino

·
Registered
84 Posts
Journalism is a lost art. Not even a hint of why? Ok so they have yet to ID the shooter but was he a member, a visitor, a robber or what? Less than zero in that article.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Journalism is a lost art. Not even a hint of why? Ok so they have yet to ID the shooter but was he a member, a visitor, a robber or what? Less than zero in that article.
Good point, and there's now some additional info available. Apparently both the shooter and the victim were attending a function at the American Legion, and "as the victim got up from a table to go to another area of the building he was shot several times by the suspect." The investigation is ongoing - no motive given. Here's the article with pics of the shooter and deceased victim. (<Link to article and pics)

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,268 Posts
This is the 2nd this weekend and all the ammo China Joe will need to do something careless and stupid

Reactions: 1L26

·
Registered
246 Posts
They have absolutely nothing to report besides there was a shooting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Missouri in the first article LYKUNO posted; the additional information he posted refers to a shooting at an American Legion post in Texas. (Note to self: Don't go to the American Legion.)

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Missouri in the first article LYKUNO posted; the additional information he posted refers to a shooting at an American Legion post in Texas. (Note to self: Don't go to the American Legion.)
Geesh, I must have been over-caffeinated (or maybe under) when I added that subsequent post. Apologies for the confusion I caused. I strive for accuracy in reporting/posting, so mea culpa for the slip-up in my standards.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wonder how gun control advocates would feel if, every time a drunk driver kills someone, the president threatened to take away their cars?

Reactions: Tom Corbett42
1 - 17 of 17 Posts