1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An addict reached out and says I have a gun Ted just completed that I'm no longer in a position to purchase.

I called Ted from Vegas and said "I'll take it".

I've been wanting a blue'd Yost Commander in 9mm and Ted wouldn't commit to building one so it all worked out.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Gun barrel

· Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Always the best part is hanging out with Ted (and his dogs) on a Saturday morning at the shop talking life, politics and a little guns.

He has a pretty hot-looking square trigger guard government Colt headed out to a lucky addict after he gets an ambi on it --- you know who you are :LOL:

· Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@TheCollector

Burton has that 38 super Colt base gun. I'll have it back in 4-5 years :oops:

I don't have a single base gun left 👍

Ted has a stack of base guns, he'd 100% sell one.

Reactions: Holladay

· Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
nice grateful dead reference there too
Probably my 2nd favorite line in any song behind the iconic "standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona, such a fine sight to see...."

Reactions: boatdoc

· Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
oh man, thats pretty. Enjoy shooting it
I'm going to shoot the snot out of it, I shoot everything :)

Ted said he shot 3 magazines in it's final outing and it made 1 ragged hole, so the benchmark is high :oops:

Reactions: MGBD

· Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I hate that I only got one picture today, but I was having a ton of fun shooting the new Yost. Ted said he shot one ragged hole in the last range session and I was super impressed with this latest build.

These were my first two magazines at 30 ft and they got better from here. I could shoot nearly the same size group fast or slow which is pretty slick. Funny how my two-tone 9mm Commander runs perfectly on a #12 recoil spring and Ted said this build settled in at #14

Font Art Circle Pattern Visual arts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts