One step closer to my FFL~! ;)

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Integrity Arms, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Well after talking to a State ATF agent a few times about the steps and procedures for obtaining an FFL one of the last bits of information he gave me was to make sure my property was properly Zoned. For those who don't know I live in area that is primarily set up for agriculture. I assumed that the agricultural zoning of my property would be considered a commercial zoning, and it was not.

After just attending a town meeting I was approved for commercial zoning and am now one big step closer to my FFL.. Fingerprints, photos and application to be submitted the first of next week. I should have my FFL in the very beginning months of next year. Some others have requested some work and I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Won't be long now.

Many of you know I am still learning, but one thing you will find of me, if I can't do something I will say no. If I am unsure if I can do something, I will say no. If I haven't already done something successfully, I will practice on my own stuff first, or on scrap first, if I can do, then fine. If not then I will say no.. I will not practice on your handguns..

While I have a lot to learn I am being mentored, and information is being shared with me at will from some of the top guys in the country.. I am proud they find me worth their efforts and their time to help me succeed.

I wasn't trying to leave people out of the tag, I just don't have enough time in a day to tag everyone, most who have either experienced some of my work first hand, and other who have been encouraging, and helpful in every way imaginable, and in some cases both..

I will keep everyone posted.

xerts1191, 45ACP_ray, Whiten and 10 others like this.
  2. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014

3. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Congrats Steve glad your hard work is starting to come together.

boatdoc and Steve Owens like this.
  4. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats Sir

5. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    Great news, Steve! Full speed ahead!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Still waiting on Wilson

Steve Owens likes this.
  7. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Wow that's crazy long man... wow

8. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Congrats,!

Steve Owens likes this.
  9. Plasman

Plasman Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 22, 2014
    Congrats! I know it has gotten a lot harder to attain a FFL these days. Back in the mid 90's when I got mine it was a few bucks and a few forms. Let it expire when I was transferred overseas for what I thought would be a few years - 10 years later I make back to the states. Good luck in your endeavors.

Steve Owens likes this.
  10. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    congrats Steve. great decision. good luck

Steve Owens likes this.
  11. Joseph Medugno

Joseph Medugno Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Congrats couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Steve Owens likes this.
  12. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Well now that the zoning is approved time to make application.. Talked again to my local field office agent about some specific requirements and got all the necessary things completed today, including vendors, license, and I'll use my old EIN from my construction business just a different trade name attached. Hopefully this goes fairly quickly should be good by first of 2019... FFL app docs.jpg

13. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Good Luck Steve. I wish you the best in your endeavor. Your builds are better each time I see one!

Steve Owens likes this.
  14. A45GUNNER

A45GUNNER Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Glad it's coming together for ya Steve! I'll try and send some work your way

Steve Owens likes this.
  15. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Good luck. Still waiting on Wilson

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Steve Owens likes this.
  16. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Thank you sir, trying to step it up a notch each time. A better machine, does help = better quality of cuts and work. So, the newer larger mill was definitely a step in the right direction, plus coming up against a few different issues on each of the last 3 builds has really help me expand my knowledge concerning dimensional tolerances and various other functional interactions.. And on top of that between this forum, the 1911.com and some others there is such a wealth of quality information out there. Not to mention those who have been gracious enough to help me along the way. A shout of thanks all to all who have supported and helped me, you already know who ya are, and I owe each and everyone of you a debt of gratitude for sure.

FWoo45 and WWB like this.
  17. hamholfarm

hamholfarm 1911Addicted-> Avoiding Intervention

May 10, 2014
    Congrats on the zoning! You're almost there!

Steve Owens likes this.
  18. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Yep, shouldn't be long.. when speaking with the inspector/field agent, several weeks back he told me that was the number one reason a lot of folks get turned down. There property is not properly zoned or approved to do business out of. So, that was the first thing I addressed, then the rest was easy. Oh, and man what a cute sheriffs deputy that took my finger prints today.. She says how many cards you need, I said well I need 2 but, I'd take 3 so I have an extra on hand.. lol She put me in mind of my wife though. Cute but a baddass to boot lol ;) Anyway yep got the photo's, vendors license, EIN, business Zoning locks for storage all in place and safety locks for pistols. I should be all good to go. I know the background check won't yield anything so shouldn't be any reason to be turned down at this point. Thanks for the encouragement Sir.

FWoo45 and livinthelife like this.
  19. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    David's wife says he can't spend any money on guns until he gets his Wilson combat. My father's day gift looks more like a Christmas gift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Steve Owens likes this.
  20. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Haha it does seem to be looking that way John... But, hey better late than never. Cannot believe that those guys still do not have that gun done. That is insane..

Jimhoag likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted