1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New to the forum and wondering if there is a general list or guideline of reputable online firearm retailers that people here have had good luck with. I don't want to get too far in to "stay away from these clowns" discussions. Looking more for retailers that folks have had positive deals with. Thanks for the help.
Pete

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
You mentioned Staccato. The only retailer that comes to mind other than the Staccato itself would be Dawson Precision. They are a trusted seller for anything that they offer, and yet are a small enough company that they're easy to talk to and communicate with.

For me, I have not found another online all-purpose retailer that I use for firearms in general, particularly handguns. I've never bought from Bud's, Kentucky Gun Co, etc out of a fear of getting lost in a sea of customers.

I would not hesitate to use companies like Primary Arms, Rainier Arms, Europtic, and some others. Honestly, there are probably several retailers that specialize more in the AR world that I would trust to buy other types of firearms if they offered them. That said, I've bought most handguns (very carefully) through Gunbroker with no regrets to date.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I’ve purchased without issue from the following online retailers: Omaha Outdoors, Rainer Arms, Euro Optic, Impact Guns, and gunbroker (not really a retailer but have had success with private sales and FFL purchases) Be careful with a private sale on gunbroker these days though, lots of scammers.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
We have some great forum member/sponsors here.
look in the forum section
Vendor Member Section

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
for a CZ look to CZ custom shop.

for a 1911 and some grips--look at our classifieds for good deals from good people

·
Registered
134 Posts
To be honest some of the best deals can be found on this forum. I have a couple goto local gunstores that I prefer to use whenever I can. Also, by staying local, you can establish a relationship where they may contact you first if a particular gun comes in on trade that fits your collecting style.

I will order the oddball or rare gun online, but still need to keep in mind the transfer fees, shipping costs, and taxes even if out of state. There still are a few places that do not charge sales tax on out of state purchases, but they are becoming few and far between. I rarely use Gunbroker anylonger for that very reason.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought my Staccato from an outdoor retailer in the Midwest. Very easy, but paying full price + tax. Fair enough. I've checked out Bud's and Gunbroker, but I'm making an effort to learn first and then buy. I'll definitely keep an eye on the classifieds here when the time comes, but as a newer member, I don't think that's an option yet. As in most things, if I can be patient enough, something good will pop up.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
You mentioned Staccato. The only retailer that comes to mind other than the Staccato itself would be Dawson Precision. They are a trusted seller for anything that they offer, and yet are a small enough company that they're easy to talk to and communicate with.
I just realized in my previous post that I forgot to mention Jess @ The Wichita Gun Club. Bought my current Staccato from him. Outstanding person to work with & buy from as most members here already know. Jess - my apologies for not thinking of you first.

·
Vendor
2,048 Posts
I just realized in my previous post that I forgot to mention Jess @ The Wichita Gun Club. Bought my current Staccato from him. Outstanding person to work with & buy from as most members here already know. Jess - my apologies for not thinking of you first.

My man. Thanks for including me.

My shop works hard to take special care of Addicts members, special pricing, free shipping and no credit card fees. Membership has its privileges

Thanks again for the shoutout.

Let’s go Avalanche.

Jess

1 - 20 of 28 Posts