1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Which would you choose as your one and only?

• Stacatto C2 or P2 DPO

• Sig Sauer P229 OR P226 SAO

• Guncrafter, Nighthawk, Wilson or other quality 1911 (no RMR or rail light)

• Glock

• Other railed polymer doublestack (say which)

• AR-15.... just try and stop me

• I think guns are bad and most confrontations can be solved by being a good listener

• Other

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setting: a not too distant future.....

The minimum wage is $20/hr but a gallon of milk costs $10...... using certain words can result in jail time and poodle-ownership is mandatory...

Politicians who've spent more $$ on cosmetic surgery than you spent on your house have not yet succeeded in banning guns altogether, but those privileged few who must carry for work or duty, or are willing to pay the punitive fees and wait a year are allowed only ONE.

One pistol to wear on your belt on the clock, concealed on the weekends and on the bedside table at night.

One to do it all and it darn well better do what it do when you need it to....

Which?

RMR/MRDS & Light recommended, but not required...

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,142 Posts
Krebs Custom Colt Commander

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
1911 without a doubt, either my Jardine or my Rogers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have been carrying a 1911 (Commander, Govt model or National Match) for many years. Prior to that I carried a Glock. If I was restricted to just one gun for everything, I think it would be the G26 due to its size, magazine capacity and very tough finish.

·
Registered
637 Posts

If you only have one it needs to be able to take all comers, stop vehicles and big angry critters but be controllable enough to be accurate .

That said a 1911 set up with 45+Ps would cover 90% of my needs like my Colt Combat Elite with night sights and a 9mm would be better than throwing rocks LOL

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Nighthawk Thunder Ranch Combat Special in 10mm w/Bomar-style rear sights. I don't own one (although have shot one in .45) but maybe I'd better get one!

I'm more adept at shooting and maintaining a 1911 than any other handgun, so I'd go with what I know.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I want to say one of my 1911-pattern pistols, but the rational part of me says my G17.3 with the grip frame reduced and cut down to fit G26 magazines. It is reliable and durable, armorer tasks are a breeze, I have all of the necessary carry and practice gear, and I have enough spare parts to last two lifetimes.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts