1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
NRA Endowment member
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a longtime resident Of Florida I can’t say I’ve ever seen much of open carry until this past week when I visited North Carolina. I’m not objecting to it but this particular display at a restaurant I visited really caught me off guard!
Leg Human leg Joint Thigh Knee

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Dang it man. Hard to tell from the pic but is that holster just hanging on to an elastic waistband?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I’ve lived in Raleigh for 3 years and only twice seen open carry. The first was a guy on a motorcycle, and the holster was poking out from under his jacket. The second was much like the OP’s photo, looked like a .38 snubbie in a nylon Uncle Mike’s, clipped onto the waistband of a pair of sweatpants. Flopping about....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,783 Posts
That is so wrong on just about every level of responsible gun owner:(

Here in nw Ohio I see OC a couple times a month, usually on one of my many Gun shop trips so it’s really no surprise. The ones that really stand out are the tacticool guys with thigh holsters walking around!! Saw one when I was looking at lever actions about two weeks ago with a thigh holster on each side and camo cloths and his two of the cutest 3-4 year old daughters following him around! :roflmaro:

·
On The Lost Highway
350 Posts
Like gnats I swear.
See, this right here is exactly what us fat guys got to contend with.
I know that I can't go out to a restaurant without crowds checking out their fisheye lens on my panoramic rear view. Always following me around with shutters clicking.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,043 Posts
Glad he's not showing the butt cleavage. Maybe it's hidden behind the chair.
I live in Raleigh, NC and as of late, I carry at times in a nice TTGunleather owb or if my polymer in a Blackhawk retention. I hate to see people like this. It's irresponsible.

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
7,070 Posts
I’m about sick and tired of being sick tired of having my pictures taken in public to just be posted online. Someone could have at least told me my underwear was hanging out. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
We were partaking of some great BBQ at a local, small town restaurant last week when a man and his wife walked in for lunch. She had obviously just been shopping next door (still carrying her purchases), and he’d met her at the restaurant. Evidently a local rancher, he was shedding dust as he walked, spurs clanking, with his tied down gunfighters rig sporting a very sweet Vaquero in what looked like .45 Colt, with all the shell loops full. I thought about taking a picture, just cuz he looked pretty bad ass, but I decided my food was more important at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts