1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Preferred Grain for Training Round

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Good point Jim, I am going to go by SAAMI spec for the ammunition.

Update, paperwork has been mailed to ATF and necessary parties. My order of 9mm brass has shown up (this is new production, not mixed or once fired). While I am waiting for my bullets to show up, I will be evaluating it.
upload_2020-11-2_16-23-8.jpeg

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·

Still waiting on Atf license approval, and may have to push back the timeline by six months. All of the vendors I am currently talking to are giving me that as an time when they can do OEM orders.

Of course with current political events, that has potential to make or break me.

News: I have decided to go with Tac Pac as the packaging for the ammunition.

Another Question, do you gentlemen prefer the Bag or the 50 round pack?

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts

Still waiting on Atf license approval, and may have to push back the timeline by six months. All of the vendors I am currently talking to are giving me that as an time when they can do OEM orders.

Of course with current political events, that has potential to make or break me.

News: I have decided to go with Tac Pac as the packaging for the ammunition.

Another Question, do you gentlemen prefer the Bag or the 50 round pack?
Definitely in a box. It’s a more professional look too.

There will be high demand for ammo for a long time yet. But the sooner you can spin up, the sooner you can start hoovering up cash.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've been researching cast bullets and accumulating equipment. Bullet coating technologies has made lead fouling less likely and a non-issue.
Is this a consideration in a commercial enterprise?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
I've been researching cast bullets and accumulating equipment. Bullet coating technologies has made lead fouling less likely and a non-issue.
Is this a consideration in a commercial enterprise?
Definitely a consideration. Once I get some items going, I may add those. Depends on demand and what people prefer.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I want it to be what you guys will prefer, so if the nose is up or down, that will not affect price. They are stackable, quite sturdy as well. At first I was weary of the durability, but handling these has taken my doubts away.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
I have to resubmit my application for the license, I had get the blessings from other people/organizations. Such as the fire marshal, checking to make sure I am exempt from Delaware's deadly weapons license, to make sure I don't fall under ITAR. As I am in contact with my local ATF agent, I should be good to go in the next month or two.

I have received the components for load development, which will begin next month. I am first going to be working on a 124 grain FMJ, with new production brass.

If I am able to get components in a timely manner, I should be up and selling by July/August.

Edit: Once I find a good load, that will work in as many guns as I can test. I will be offering up samples. For further testing and inputs.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts