1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good complete lower for a 5.45 x 39 upper I am going to purchase... I am new to the AR scene so I am looking for something good and not too expensive... Don't need anything to fancy right now, just looking for something with a collapsible butt stock...

I was thinking something along these lines...
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2CMMGL002-1.html

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
thats a fair price but remember you will still have a transfer fee. IMO buy a tripped upper then build it your self.. check aim surplus they have been getting Spikes blems and selling them for $65 i think. very easy to build and you can contact me with any questions while doing it. Surplus ammo also sells them at a good price.

·
YOU ****!!!!
1,204 Posts
I would build because I want somethings specfic to my likes. Just me though... Dont much about that brand, mainly started out with stripped Stag lowers.

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want something I can slap together and go shoot... LOL

·
Premium Member
26,207 Posts
The Palmetto State Armory lower is good quality and a great price.
That one would be hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
26,207 Posts
I've had two of those RRA two-stage triggers fail after about 3k rounds fired.
A good single stage is the best bet, will cost more, but in the long run, a better deal!

·
Schütze
2,677 Posts
The Chip McCormick single stage is the best I've felt.. It's like a 1911 trigger.. Of course I'm not a real AR guy.. more of a wanna-be.. Ron

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
The Chip McCormick single stage is the best I've felt.. It's like a 1911 trigger.. Of course I'm not a real AR guy.. more of a wanna-be.. Ron
i happen to have one of these for sale with less than 200 rnds on it. and like you said, its badass... one of the best feeling triggers ive ever played with on an ar15

·
Premium Member
26,207 Posts
I'm rather partial to Timney triggers. I have a 3.5# skeleton in my Billet 6.8,
it breaks like a crystal rod!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've had two of those RRA two-stage triggers fail after about 3k rounds fired.
A good single stage is the best bet, will cost more, but in the long run, a better deal!
Wow, I have about twice that amount on one and haven't had any issues. I wonder if they had a supplier issue at some point?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts