Opinions on non-traditional 1911's

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by too_pure, Jan 29, 2012.

1. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    I'm thinking specifically of Sig and S&W. Each have a model or two that appeal to me, and I hear and read good things about them, but I always balk at the external extractor, and the oddly cut slide on the Sigs. There is a purist streak in me, and it might be stupid. I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out.

I see pics of the Sig Scorpion and I like it :nod:

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    One of my first 1911 type pistols I has was a Sig GSR
    It was a Limited Edition Reverse two tone,....had the "man hole cover" slide
    Shot great, fine trigger, 3k rounds fired never any issues.

I sold it because of the lack of holsters,......at the time, there was nothing.

3. rock185

rock185 New Member

Dec 1, 2011
    I have handled but not owned the SIG 1911. They appear to be well made guns to me. They are making some now with the traditional slide profile, rather than the SIG type profile.

I did own an early SW1911. It was nicely machined and fitted, for a production gun, and Never malfunctioned.

I agree with you, those external extractors don't seem quite right on a 1911, but I have to admit that the one 1911 I had with the external extractor, never gave a moments trouble...

4. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    I like Pdogs new Sig. In fact if I were going to put a can on I'd be looking closely at that one. S&W, no thanks.

of course there's Taurus

5. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    One nice thing about being local to Kelley Gun Leather is that I can leave my gun and he can mold a holster to it.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted