1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Feed my Addiction!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I need to have a few slides cut for a red dot optic (Trijicon RMR). Wilson and Ed Brown DO NOT offer this service for non-Wilson/non-Brown guns respectively, told to me by customer service. I am waiting to hear from Bob at Nighthawk but something tells me it will be the same. So, has anyone had a 1911 slide milled for an optic and can you provide references?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,488 Posts
I emailed nhc a while back to have them do my DW. They said they would do it.

·
Feed my Addiction!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I emailed nhc a while back to have them do my DW. They said they would do it.
This is good to know. I will wait to hear from Bob and post his reply

Reactions: HooDoo Man

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,466 Posts
Ok, so I need to have a few slides cut for a red dot optic (Trijicon RMR). Wilson and Ed Brown DO NOT offer this service for non-Wilson/non-Brown guns respectively, told to me by customer service. I am waiting to hear from Bob at Nighthawk but something tells me it will be the same. So, has anyone had a 1911 slide milled for an optic and can you provide references?

If you want what is being considered the best mount and install on the market today I suggest you check this out...but then me and my clients are a bit biased.

https://www.store.chamberscustom.com/products/chambers-custom-rdms-plate

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Last I checked with Nighthawk they told me they would only do a Nighthawk slide.

I went with a Caspian slide with the Chambers plate. I just shipped my slide to Brandon to be milled.

·
Feed my Addiction!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: Joe C

·
Feed my Addiction!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bob from NHC replied and confirmed that they would mill the slide on my Springfield Loaded Operator. For those who are not aware, the NHC rear sight is a permanent part of the optic mount and therefore, cannot be drifted to adjust windage. The Wilson setup can be drifted. I was not aware of the Chambers mount until I posted this thread and it looks like the rear sight is adjustable or it can be deleted all together by request. It is nice to know I/we have some options. Thanks to all

·
Feed my Addiction!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did NHC quote you a price and/or turn around time?
Didnt want to post this info publically, sent you a PM

·
Feed my Addiction!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If your current front sight is .175" to .200" tall it should work just fine for co-witness. And as you assumed, yes, our BUIS on the rear is driftable for windage.
Thanks, just placed my order

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Nighthawk will cut other manufacturers slides for an optic plate. I have an STI with them now that is having one installed.

45442522-881F-4051-A871-56D4C8D83969.png

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Nighthawk will cut other manufacturers slides for an optic plate. I have an STI with them now that is having one installed.

View attachment 394959
I guess I was thinking about the Night Hawk IOS cut not the Trijicon saddle. I was told they would only do the IOS cut on Nighthawk slides.

That’s why I went with the Chambers plate. It gets the optic much lower into the slide. That Trijicon saddle and huge rear sight are :hungover:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I had John Vincent at Hallston Custom Machine mill my Dan Wesson for a Kimber optic plate and he did an excellent job. Primary Machine is definitely one of the go to shops for 1911 red dot cuts, but ATEi also does a great job. Lots of small shops are doing this and any decent machinist can also do this. Don't know if Atlas Gunworks mills other slides, but their system is also very good. I have had zero problems with any of my red dot pistols, but I always attach everything with blue Loctite and use a torque wrench to screw things together. Let us know who you go with. This ain't rocket science - very basic machining.
Regards,
Jeff

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,466 Posts
Thanks, just placed my order
Thank you for your support! Make sure to let Heidi know who you will be sending your slide to so we can send out your plate. If it is going to Brandon just beware that he will be gone with us to SHOT for a week but is very prompt about getting plates installed after the show.

·
Feed my Addiction!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for your support! Make sure to let Heidi know who you will be sending your slide to so we can send out your plate. If it is going to Brandon just beware that he will be gone with us to SHOT for a week but is very prompt about getting plates installed after the show.
It is going to Brandon. I just sent Heidi an email for Brandon's shipping address

1 - 20 of 29 Posts