1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From now on I'm ordering all my "Gun Stuff" through Major Retailers like Brownells, Midway, EGW, Greg Cote. etc. I'll pay a couple of extra $$ for genuine material, a good return policy & service. Amazon and E-bay just have too much crap to deal with. Plus I like to talk to people that can speak my language. In more ways than one.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Must have gotten a bad batch of "almost miraculous" rags . . . .

@Miracle-Polish-Cloth.jpg

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It just seems that when you buy from some of the " bargain sites" that your rolling the dice on a gun accessory purchase. I use Amazon Prime for a lot of things but from now on it will be specific Gun Supply stores. That way your not getting fake stuff. Like CNN & MSLSD. Fakes.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
And....................I only get the Genuine Magic rags by the World Famous Distributor! Period.

I think the proper word is "infamous" . . . . . .

Z

·
Registered
466 Posts
From now on I'm ordering all my "Gun Stuff" through Major Retailers like Brownells, Midway, EGW, Greg Cote. etc. I'll pay a couple of extra $$ for genuine material, a good return policy & service. Amazon and E-bay just have too much crap to deal with. Plus I like to talk to people that can speak my language. In more ways than one.
Midway is my go-to. Those guys hustle to get orders out the door.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Brownells gained a lifelong customer in me a little over a year ago. During freedom week here in komifornia. Their policy was that if you bought mags by 5pm pdt on Friday, they shipped em. Midway canceled all orders not shipped by that time.

That said, I usually have good luck with amazon. Just call em and threaten to cancel your prime membership. Only had to do it twice in 5 years but it gets results. I do make sure that I'm buying stuff from the original manufacturer before I order it though.

Brownells posted this on their facepage, still gives me chills. What a great week that was. Appreciate your freedoms boys and girls.
brownells-california.jpg

·
Registered
555 Posts
My go to is Primary Arms. They always have great deals and ship same day I order usually.

They also do a Veteran discount for those that didn’t know.

·
813 Posts
Ive actually never ordered any firearm related stuff of amazon, or for that matter phones, computers, or watches. Never felt comfortable with those items for some reason.

I'll usually defer to Brownells, forums, or straight from the manufacturer. I try to avoid Midway whoever possible, mainly because I dislike navigating the website.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
After years of buying on E-bay I have
never been disappointed so far. Gun parts, Car parts, Apliance
repair parts. It has been write the seller, sometimes call them
it's your money you are in control. What do all E-Bay &
Amazon sellers Fear? The reviews unlike walking into any
B&M store where you must make the choice yourself, without others
chiming in.

Just sayin E-Bay is a shopping center with thousands of sellers & Buyers.
No need to lump a place you buy things at like E-Bay with a few A-Holes.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Ive actually never ordered any firearm related stuff of amazon, or for that matter phones, computers, or watches. Never felt comfortable with those items for some reason.

I'll usually defer to Brownells, forums, or straight from the manufacturer. I try to avoid Midway whoever possible, mainly because I dislike navigating the website.
I agree about the midway website. I don’t mind them otherwise. I’ve only bought one gun related item from amazon. It was the rail cleaning tool that I saw Bill Wilson using in a 1911 cleaning video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
908 Posts
I agree 100 percent. Too much fake stuff on eBay and Amazon. The price difference isn’t that much most of the time and I agree w speaking the same language.

·
Registered
908 Posts
After years of buying on E-bay I have
never been disappointed so far. Gun parts, Car parts, Apliance
repair parts. It has been write the seller, sometimes call them
it's your money you are in control. What do all E-Bay &
Amazon sellers Fear? The reviews unlike walking into any
B&M store where you must make the choice yourself, without others
chiming in.

Just sayin E-Bay is a shopping center with thousands of sellers & Buyers.
No need to lump a place you buy things at like E-Bay with a few A-Holes.
I have bought stuff on both amazon and eBay that I know were fakes even after calling them out on it they still insisted on the items being genuine. I ordered an Atlas BT46 from amazon and got it and in knew instantly it was a fake. Yeah I returned it and got all of my money back but it is still a hassle and lost time. eBay is a hole another ball of wax. I have gotten items drop shipped from China (US seller) that I paid for and never came (says delivered but never received item) and eBays resolution center is awful. You can’t even speak to someone if you want to.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If I'm using Ebay I tend to shop from the ebay accounts that are run by credible retailers instead of just random individuals pulling junk out of their garage. Been a pretty good experience so far.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
If I'm using Ebay I tend to shop from the ebay accounts that are run by credible retailers instead of just random individuals pulling junk out of their garage. Been a pretty good experience so far.
Same here if there is a crook selling on Main st don't shop there.
E-bay has thousands of people selling & trying to lump them all together
is foolish.

It's my hard earned money so I write the seller asking questions like.

How much brass is showing?
Is there any fungus?
Is there any oil on the Aperture?
Is it in complete working order?

Now if you list it as EX & it does not meet
my questions, I get my money back quick 100%.

I have shopped E-Bay for years, & have never
been disappointed yet. Unless you count the time
I ordered a Camera shutter release from CHINA :confused: ABC.

My shipment got lost in the USPS. I got my money
back the same day I wrote my e-mail to the seller.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
I always try to deal with the manufacture as much as possible. The few bucks saved is not worth the head ache some times. EGW and others have gone out of their way with shipping of small parts when I have forgot to order a spring or screw when placing a larger order.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I agree about the midway website. I don’t mind them otherwise. I’ve only bought one gun related item from amazon. It was the rail cleaning tool that I saw Bill Wilson using in a 1911 cleaning video.

That's funny I saw the same video and bought the same thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts