Original WWI 1911 accuracy

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by *Double Diamond Colt*, Jul 15, 2020.

1. *Double Diamond Colt*

*Double Diamond Colt* Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2020
    Yep those sights are tough for me to acquire quickly with my old eyes . I shoot them for accuracy around 4pm at my range when the light is best I try to just shoot light loads out of these old guns and only a few times a year as I realize they are on borrowed time

Rick McC., Fred_G and Uncle Bob like this.
  2. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Cute, but how about the lady in plain brown LISTENING to the action.

3. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017

Good move... the metallurgy of the 1911s always amazed me (excluding the barrels)

*Double Diamond Colt* likes this.
  4. Welder49

Welder49 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2020
    Damn. I’m jealous of all of you who were able to acquire these great old 1911s. Hopefully one day I’ll be joining you.

5. *Double Diamond Colt*

Jan 15, 2020
    Great Old guns they are
    Yep they don't have Stan Chens Mag well or a Trigger with a flat pad or stars cut into it . No checkering or extended slide or Mag release .
    They don't have Novak sights or a gold bead on the front barely have any sights to speak of .

No Beaver tail safety with careful blending LOLOL or parts constructed from rocks on another planet What a freakin hoot .
    No godforsaken rail to mount a flashlight to thank god or Stainless steel
    Just a functional fighting tool that proved itself on the battle field not holding a spot in a safe .
    These old guns are a true piece of history with value that can never be duplicated in today's world

Welder49 likes this.
  6. *Double Diamond Colt*

Jan 15, 2020
    IMG_20200706_182517 (1).jpg
    Another one of my old relics , This one has a really good barrel no pitting to speak of and it locks up tighter than a bulls ass

mlin and 1911 crazed like this.
  7. *Double Diamond Colt*

Jan 15, 2020
    Just found a WWI gun in the 35k serial # range and put a deposit on it . Have to wait for it to get shipped to a gun dealer in my state that is closed till the 18th .
    Its a little rough but seems all there just hate waiting . Will post pics as soon as it gets here

8. *Double Diamond Colt*

Jan 15, 2020
    IMG_20200823_075511.jpg Finally got the new WW1 gun and it did not disappoint me . This one had a really good barrel so I tested it at 20 yards instead of the usual 15

Used a 6 o'clock hold and it would just dump them in there if I did my part

mlin and RN47 like this.
  9. *Double Diamond Colt*

Jan 15, 2020
    IMG_20200825_140132.jpg I had to stake the link pin on the latest WW1 gun and decided to give a quick check to make sure all was well .

Or maybe I just had to prove my testing over the weekend wasn't just a fluke but this gun is really a good shooter

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted