1911 Firearm Addicts banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts
After seeing Last Man Standing(can't believe I missed this and had not seen it earlier!) I am re-arranging my choices:
1. Thief-not so much the slinging, but the more realistic way James Caan handles the gun, you can tell that Michael Mann wants the stars trained well.
2. Last Man Standing-exposure and they are in an awesome holster!!!
3. Extreme Prejudice-You can tell Nick Nolte got some time to play
4. Heat-see #1
Honorable Mention-most Steven Seagal movies. Reportedly he has used some of his own guns in scenes and owns some Tussey Customs and a Chambers as well.
And Honorable Mention goes to "Way of the Gun" as there is definitely some training that went into Ryan Philippe's reloads around the fountain.
Jim Zubiena in Miami Vice.

After seeing Last Man Standing(can't believe I missed this and had not seen it earlier!) I am re-arranging my choices:
1. Thief-not so much the slinging, but the more realistic way James Caan handles the gun, you can tell that Michael Mann wants the stars trained well.
4. Heat-see #1
Honorable Mention-most Steven Seagal movies. Reportedly he has used some of his own guns in scenes and owns some Tussey Customs and a Chambers as well.
And Honorable Mention goes to "Way of the Gun" as there is definitely some training that went into Ryan Philippe.
Jim Zubiena in Miami Vice.

4. Heat-see #1
Of course that "fountain scene" makes me want to get a 2 gun shoulder holster and also have a 3 mag carrier for each gun.....then later when I am able to move under all that weight....LMAO

I thought I'd mention the worst performance by a 1911.

In the movie "In Pursuit of Honor", Don Johnson's character uses a 1911 in a sickening scene to execute a half-dozen cavalry horses. Thing is, after he shoots each horse, you can hear him off-camera racking the slide to chamber another round. Even if they didn't have a firearms adviser in the film crew, you'd think Don Johnson would know better.

Great movie though- but I've always wondered the need to rack in a new round each time too...
Probably just for dramatic effect-like every person using a pump action shotgun HAS to rack the slide!
Even if they've been using it and you know there has to be one in the chamber, they pump that sucker every time they want to make a point...

101 - 110 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.