1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Oscar for Movie with Best Performance of all time by a 1911 in a Leading Role. The winner is?

Tags
movies
14K views 109 replies 71 participants last post by  BlindSpirit63 
#1 ·
And because we are all somewhat superficial, looks definitely count.

I await your nominations.

#99 ·
The Assignment

Michelle Rodriguez uses a pair if 1911s throughout the film. But the real Kicker is the last line before credits: ".45 ACP always tells the truth. It can be used for good or evil, but a 45 never lies."

#108 ·
I thought I'd mention the worst performance by a 1911.

In the movie "In Pursuit of Honor", Don Johnson's character uses a 1911 in a sickening scene to execute a half-dozen cavalry horses. Thing is, after he shoots each horse, you can hear him off-camera racking the slide to chamber another round. Even if they didn't have a firearms adviser in the film crew, you'd think Don Johnson would know better.

#109 ·
Great movie though- but I've always wondered the need to rack in a new round each time too...
Probably just for dramatic effect-like every person using a pump action shotgun HAS to rack the slide!
Even if they've been using it and you know there has to be one in the chamber, they pump that sucker every time they want to make a point...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.