1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
Single Stack 1911
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, I have 3 new 1911's coming and I'm out of space. A quick trip to hardware store and an order from Amazon and the problem is solved. At least for now.
Red Font Tool Rectangle Auto part
Product Organ Automotive lighting Red Bumper

·
Premium Member
Single Stack 1911
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you go into detail on how you make your rack happen.
Thanks
Sure. The rack is made by Hyskore in 6 and 12 slot configurations and is sold on Amazon. The individual slots are held together by a white plastic rods with retainer clips on either end. I cut the the retainer clips off and remove the plastic rods and replace them with 10/24 threaded rods. I buy 36 inch long threaded rod and you can join as many slots together as possible on that length of rod or possibly get longer rods. I can fit 17 slots across in my safe so that's what I went for. What you see in the picture was made from (3) 12 slot sections and I have (2) slots leftover.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Sure. The rack is made by Hyskore in 6 and 12 slot configurations and is sold on Amazon. The individual slots are held together by a white plastic rods with retainer clips on either end. I cut the the retainer clips off and remove the plastic rods and replace them with 10/24 threaded rods. I buy 36 inch long threaded rod and you can join as many slots together as possible on that length of rod or possibly get longer rods. I can fit 17 slots across in my safe so that's what I went for. What you see in the picture was made from (3) 12 slot sections and I have (2) slots leftover.

So would buying a 12 slot be able to be reduced to a 8 or 9 slot holder? Some of us aren't "hindered" by your problem 😀.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
Single Stack 1911
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So would buying a 12 slot be able to be reduced to a 8 or 9 slot holder? Some of us aren't "hindered" by your problem 😀.

Thanks
Yes and you wouldn't need the threaded rods. Just cut the retainer clips off one end, remove the number of slots you don't want, reinstall the retainer clips and cut off the extra plastic rod.

·
Premium Member
Single Stack 1911
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It will make it worse no doubt!

Question on your gun racks...How do they work with revolvers?? Would they work with revolvers?
Good question, I just measured and each slot is 1⅜ wide. I don't own any revolvers.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts