1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got the last of my plastic guns on here for sale too. 1911 single stacks for me.
I'm currently doing the same with plastic striker fired guns. Divorce in '13 decimated my 1911's and valuable S&W's. I really didnt have the motivation to replace them until last year. 1911 fever hit again last year and its burning bad. This forum is only feeding the addiction!

·
Premium Member
Single Stack 1911
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm currently doing the same with plastic striker fired guns. Divorce in '13 decimated my 1911's and valuable S&W's. I really didnt have the motivation to replace them until last year. 1911 fever hit again last year and its burning bad. This forum is only feeding the addiction!
That's the fun part.

·
Premium Member
Single Stack 1911
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The Hyskore slots are too narrow for a N frame. I keep an extra slot open to give it more room.
You could easily take it apart and rearrange the spacers to make the slots wider. You just wouldn't fit as many guns. This thing is completely modular.

·
Premium Member
Single Stack 1911
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
RJC3 you must be the reason Amazon is sold out of the 6 bay version.

The safe looks great and you now have room to feed the addiction.
Thank you, I didn't buy any of the 6 slots. I do need to order more mag holders.

Reactions: OneEyedTanker

·
Registered
66 Posts
Amazon has plenty of 12 slots but zero 6 slot and no eta.

I can't remember who here originally posted about these Hyskore but thanks again. It made several overflowing safes manageable again.

·
Premium Member
Single Stack 1911
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Amazon has plenty of 12 slots but zero 6 slot and no eta.

I can't remember who here originally posted about these Hyskore but thanks again. It made several overflowing safes manageable again.
Midway USA has the 6 slots in stock for $23.99

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Thats what I was wanting to know!! Thank you!
To clarify, it’s not that it won’t fit. It’s just the space betwen the cylinder and the slide of the next gun is a bit tight. I didn’t know you could take these apart. I guess I should have read the instructions and gove that a try.

·
Registered
324 Posts
With the Hyskore racks, is there any concern with them rubbing off the finish of the guns? Or causing any corrosion from long term storage?

I guess I'm thinking along the lines of when you see pitting from improper long term storage due to the type of foam that was used.

·
Premium Member
Single Stack 1911
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
With the Hyskore racks, is there any concern with them rubbing off the finish of the guns? Or causing any corrosion from long term storage?

I guess I'm thinking along the lines of when you see pitting from improper long term storage due to the type of foam that was used.
I don't know the answer, but I will send Hyskore and e-mail and ask.

·
Registered
"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses". George Orwell
163 Posts
Hyskore racks are great. My only complaint is they have a strong chemical smell that stinks up the safe.
I'm not familiar with these racks but the strong odor is a concern. IF they are off
gassing formaldehyde I would avoid them. Formaldehyde is corrosive. They seem to work great and I hope the odor is not an issue.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts