1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am based in Cincinnati and have been doing all of my shooting at indoor ranges. Want to get the kids out with me shooting but also want to get them outdoors in a hopefully more relaxed environment. Going to be doing some looking over the coming weeks but wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience and recommendations. Thanks in advance!

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
6,450 Posts
Do you have access to a place to shoot that's not a regular range?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Prescott is a bit of a haul for me lol. I do have to go to Tempe for work quite often so maybe one day ;-).
Was thinking of going out and checking Lake Bailee but Impact looks interesting.
Used to have a friend that lived about and hour outside Cincy on 200 acres to shoot but unfortunately he moved to Montana last month.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My advice is to skip lake bailee, not where I would take my kids. Close to bailee is Millville Sportsman, they have a list to join. I was a prior member at Millville and its good. Also there is Middletown Sportsman club which has a pond also. If your looking at bailee I would throw it off the list and look at the two I mentioned, complete $hit show. There is also Southern Ohio Dog Sportmans club that would be a little closer. Small nice range but a big pond and closer to Cincy down on River Rd. Towards Ross there is Fairfield Sportsman that has rifle, trap and pistol ranges and a pond. They also have Friday Night Steel which is fun. Any questions you can shoot me a message as I know the area very well. All the places I mentioned have a list and it's best to get on one or a couple.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Middletown Sportsman Club in Middletown Ohio has a nice outdoor pistol and rifle range with a range officer. It's pretty busy on the weekends but a really nice place to shoot through the week. They also have a skeet and trap range along with a fishing lake. I haven't belonged for a few years (moved far away and have my own outdoor range now) but they also had cowboy shoots and sporting clays there.
I think you need a sponsor to join. Or at least they used to. About 40 minutes north of Cincinnati.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts