1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting a couple matches a month this past year. The closest local match is 45 minutes from me, and I usually spend until mid afternoon at the match before I get home. So, I thought, why not bring the match to me?

I am fortunate to have a home range that I have been working on steadily. This morning, I hosted my first match with 8 of my close buddies. I used IDPA scoring and targets, but also incorporated a lot of steel. I set up 6 stages, and with set up and tear down, we were done by 11 am.

Entry fee to the match was a case of beer. Top finishers got to pick their beer, and the losers were stuck with the crappy beer that people brought as a gag. All in all, it was a great time, and I plan to host them every couple of months.

I only took a couple photos, because I was running the stages. I also received my spartan armor systems DIY Texas star that I used on one of the stages. It was simple to weld together, and spun pretty nice. Here are a couple photos.
Plant community Landscape Highland Soil Atmospheric phenomenon
Atmospheric phenomenon Mist Soil Haze Fog
Atmospheric phenomenon Mist Rural area Haze Monochrome
Flag Iron Pole Circle Snow

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Awesome pic's....I would just say it looks like you have access to earth moving equipment. Get to digging deeper or bring in a lot more dirt as those Berms are way short....One pic shows a guy right in the line of fire....I am sure nothing was going on just then.....But wait for the bike rider to do the same on Your Property.

We had a big buck hunker down on the rifle range just next to the 3 pistol berm years ago in Colorado during a match....Never know who or what is going to walk into the line of fire.

Karsten

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome pic's....I would just say it looks like you have access to earth moving equipment. Get to digging deeper or bring in a lot more dirt as those Berms are way short....One pic shows a guy right in the line of fire....I am sure nothing was going on just then.....But wait for the bike rider to do the same on Your Property.

We had a big buck hunker down on the rifle range just next to the 3 pistol berm years ago in Colorado during a match....Never know who or what is going to walk into the line of fire.

Karsten
yeah. I still have plenty of work to do on the range. None of the berms are set up to shoot at multiple stations at a time, just to give a different layout and look. There is only one way in to the range and one way out, so access is easily controlled. I have shot for years there with no issues, just recently added the berms so I could comfortable shoot in the summer when it’s hot and dry. I do intend to make them taller and go deeper. Today was the first day anyone other than me and a buddy or two has shot out there, and everyone stayed behind the line at each stage.

But working on the range is one of the reason I purchased my Kubota, the most expensive thing (besides my house) I’ve ever purchased.
Agricultural machinery Tread Machine Tractor Auto part

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Cool set up, great tractor! I'll bet you guys had a ball. Just need that beer to be on ice and add a post match BBQ.:cheers:

·
Known Agitator
3,697 Posts
Now that is a dedicated shooter, when you buy a tractor! I got a couple of leads on possible ranges I need to try out locally. Current options are the indoor range (loud and no drawing from holster) and parish range, (used to have way overbearing RSO...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.