1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any recommendations for a good OWB leather holster for a 5" 1911? That does not have a super long wait time if possible.

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
why get a OWB for a 5" if you are going to get rid of the Baer? :tongueout:

Can't think of any off the top or my head that doesn't have a wait.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just keep thinking about it! I doubt I will. Either way I need a OWB for a 5" gun!

Who knows. I may end up sending it for some minor work (New Trigger, Sights, Mag-Well) and keeping it. I doubt I would get enough out of it to warrant doing anything else. The used market being what it is on anything 1500+ that is not rare.

·
Texas CHL Instructor
24 Posts
Hey op

See my sig - I make an OWB holster that is a high ride, close to the body. Originally designed for LEO working undercover my 1911 clients have been very happy (show for a G30). I am currently caught up on orders - 3-5 day turnaround time from payment via cc or paypal. I have a OWB, tuckable IWB, I am currently working on OWB/IWB holsters.

View attachment 256

·
Registered
30 Posts
I realize this is late, but hey I just joined. I found DM Bullard Holsters while looking for a OWB that offered a radical angle to hide a 5" Bbl under a T-shirt. The Bodyguard holster is well made and priced low for a quality custom holster, also Mr. Bullard has holsters for many models in stock at his online store. I was able to get my Bodyguard in four days and I think I paid $75. for it. He offer's more traditional straight drop and FBI cant (15 degree) rigs as well. I was pleased with the fit and finish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I carry my Kimber 5" I use a GALCO FLETCH OWB. It is a high ride holster with a thumb snap and fits very tight to the body. In fact, I order all my holsters from GALCO. I order direct as I find it is the fastest way to get them delivered, no need to order from a distributor. Anyway, the FLETCH is my favorite and I use it for my Glock 27 & 36 as well. Take care - stay safe!

Their web address: http://www.usgalco.com/Default.asp

Turk

·
My RO
45 Posts
Any one have any recommendations for a good OWB leather holster for a 5" 1911? That does not have a super long wait time if possible.
Checkout the last 4 photos in the "My new man purse" thread below yours.

·
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
35 Posts
I am loving my Garrett Industries leather lined Silent Thunders. I just ordered three and had them in a week or so...

·
Bullet Banger
2,202 Posts
Exodusgunleather.com. Best holster you'll find for the money.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts