1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any words of wisdom from atlas owners
Going to look at a few but have my eye on the erubus because it’s compensated and I own nothing with a comp
Don’t care if I shoot minor or major loads as I have no specific purpose for the gun
Other than another toy to play with

·
Registered
107 Posts
Once you handle an Atlas you will probably be ruined for any other gun. I held a Staccato XC then an Atlas and knew right there what I was going to buy.

The Erubus looks awesome and I am sure you would very happy with it.

@AJP has a great thread on his.

Also we are enablers in here and will certainly help you spend your hard earned money 😜

Plant Wood Trigger Machine gun Tree

·
Registered
122 Posts
Any words of wisdom from atlas owners
Going to look at a few but have my eye on the erubus because it’s compensated and I own nothing with a comp
Don’t care if I shoot minor or major loads as I have no specific purpose for the gun
Other than another toy to play with
You will not be disappointed. I love Staccato/STI and own 3, great guns. There is, however, nothing like an Atlas. I can't help reaching for it first nearly every time out and I have a Nyx, the commander length model. Shoot it better than a full size.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once you handle an Atlas you will probably be ruined for any other gun. I held a Staccato XC then an Atlas and knew right there what I was going to buy.

The Erubus looks awesome and I am sure you would very happy with it.

@AJP has a great thread on his.

Also we are enablers in here and will certainly help you spend your hard earned money 😜

View attachment 863269
I’m already a spoiled brat from way way back
Cut my shooting teeth at a bullseye club in tannersville pa area
The shop I dealt with was very big into hammerlli , fwb and the like
And Clark builds were the 45s of choice
I’m very very spoiled

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
As mentioned above, I love my Erebus, it's the best shooting gun I've ever owned. As for ammo, the sweet spot for the Erebus's comp seems to be around 140-142 power factor, so several factory 124gr loads work great in it, American Eagle and S&B are my go to rounds for it.

I was a fairly early Atlas adoptor in this forum but over the past few years I don't think I've seen anyone buy an Atlas and end up disappointed. The result is always the same, that is the best shooting gun I've ever got my hands on. The downside is it can really spoil other guns for you when the cost doesn't match the performance.

When I initially got my Atlas it was a replacement for my STI, but I have found that I still have love for Staccato's and they can live in harmony together in my collection. For me the Staccato's are the work horses and the Atlas is the race horse.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I own a STI tactical ds 4.0 and just sold my Staccato P dpo. I have always enjoyed shooting my STI/Staccato gun and I have to say I’ve also had a positive experience with their customer service.

That being said, I sold the Staccato after picking up a used Atlas Hyperion. I had never shoot or held a Atlas before placing my order. I did a lot of research and rolled the dice.

The fit and finish is excellent on the Atlas and it shoots better than it looks. I understand the cost difference but I’m already planning my next purchase from Atlas.

·
Premium Member
If it’s 1911 or 2011, I’m into it.
47 Posts
The trigger on an atlas is ridiculously amazing. I don’t know what type of wizardry was used on my titan, but the trigger is crisp, fast, light, and best of all consistent. Fit and finish is superior and I own many nice brands. Only con for some is the aggressive grip texture - it’s definitely like it or hate it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well that escalated quickly! Congratulations
Very quickly
But damn 6k plus units that come with only one magazine
Once all my new toys arrive I’m going to need to re-examine my collection and see what if anything can go

I’m thinking the
Sw 41 with rmr and the rugger in ss with target trigger and quick take apart May need to go
When the aw93 and walther ssp finally arrive

and I’m not sure the staccato p dpo Will have a home either
Guess I gotta go shoot the atlas twins this week and see

·
Registered
425 Posts
Very quickly
But damn 6k plus units that come with only one magazine
Once all my new toys arrive I’m going to need to re-examine my collection and see what if anything can go

I’m thinking the
Sw 41 with rmr and the rugger in ss with target trigger and quick take apart May need to go
When the aw93 and walther ssp finally arrive

and I’m not sure the staccato p dpo Will have a home either
Guess I gotta go shoot the atlas twins this week and see
Congrats.

I'm in the same boat. Slowly going through the safe to see what to sell to pay off my two Atlas'. Now you need to figure out what grip panels work for you.

Enjoy. Looking forward to a range report and which you prefer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts