1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
As mentioned above, I love my Erebus, it's the best shooting gun I've ever owned. As for ammo, the sweet spot for the Erebus's comp seems to be around 140-142 power factor, so several factory 124gr loads work great in it, American Eagle and S&B are my go to rounds for it.

I was a fairly early Atlas adoptor in this forum but over the past few years I don't think I've seen anyone buy an Atlas and end up disappointed. The result is always the same, that is the best shooting gun I've ever got my hands on. The downside is it can really spoil other guns for you when the cost doesn't match the performance.

When I initially got my Atlas it was a replacement for my STI, but I have found that I still have love for Staccato's and they can live in harmony together in my collection. For me the Staccato's are the work horses and the Atlas is the race horse.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I too am on the fence about purchasing an Atlas. Ideally I want to buy a Chambers, but don’t wanna wait 2 years or whatever it is.
If what you really want is a Chambers, an Atlas isn't going to fill that void for you, and vice versa. They are completely different guns with completely different build philosophies.

In my case there is room for both philosophies in my collection and I'm eagerly awaiting my PhatWMG. Personally I am glad I went with Atlas first as it better fit the void I wanted filled, which was an outright race horse. Awesome trigger, awesome ergonomics, just down right fast. Now that that void is filled I can better appreciate what Chambers brings to the table, a war horse built with the best parts fitted to unrivaled tolerances.

Also, as you know, if you want a Chambers you have to be very diligent about getting on the list, which just closed for 2022, so yeah 1.5 to 2 year wait is about right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts