·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
1st day out
I’m not much of a typer
but here’s goes

both units fell great in your hand and look great

both started out dry and tight neither would run worth a damn with an assortment of crap ammo
Friend and shooting instructor shme how to properly lube em up and start the break on process
After a lube job both ran great with the same variety of crap ammo

these are off hand at 15 n 25 yards
After a few mags to zero

they are what they are well built flatshooting ,accurate and easy on they eyes
Art Font Circle Illustration Slope

World Font Circle Art Bird

·
Registered
32 Posts
1st day out
I’m not much of a typer
but here’s goes

both units fell great in your hand and look great

both started out dry and tight neither would run worth a damn with an assortment of crap ammo
Friend and shooting instructor shme how to properly lube em up and start the break on process
After a lube job both ran great with the same variety of crap ammo

these are off hand at 15 n 25 yards
After a few mags to zero

they are what they are well built flatshooting ,accurate and easy on they eyes View attachment 864908
View attachment 864907
How does the recoil compare to each other?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Similar
With the ammo I was using , a combination of someone’s crappy hand loads and some range crap

later in the week I’ll try and feed them some better ammo something the Erubus might like and see if that changes

just keep in mind I’ve always been a bullsey shooter this is my 1st foray into this type shooting so my opinions don’t mean a lot
I’m still figuring out this new two handed grip and stance stuff and these Rod dots so my attentions a little all over the place

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Similar
With the ammo I was using , a combination of someone’s crappy hand loads and some range crap

later in the week I’ll try and feed them some better ammo something the Erubus might like and see if that changes

just keep in mind I’ve always been a bullsey shooter this is my 1st foray into this type shooting so my opinions don’t mean a lot
I’m still figuring out this new two handed grip and stance stuff and these Rod dots so my attentions a little all over the place
Well your groups at 15 to 25 yards look like mine at 7. Nice shooing. I can’t group at 25 yards as the front blade is always too big for me at that distance. 15 is as far as I go unless I am shooting with a red dot. I also shoot a lot of bullseye with my Pardini and that took me a while to get use to shooting with one hand. Nevertheless thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I too am on the fence about purchasing an Atlas. Ideally I want to buy a Chambers, but don’t wanna wait 2 years or whatever it is.
My two cents is the Atlas with shoot softer/flatter. They put a lot of R&D time into removing metal on the slide in very specific places. Plus the weight/ergonomics of the grip. So if pure performance are your thing…go there.
If you’re looking for more of a “fighting” gun that may get carried, go Chambers (grip weighs less). Of course as you mentioned there is a wait with chambers.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I too am on the fence about purchasing an Atlas. Ideally I want to buy a Chambers, but don’t wanna wait 2 years or whatever it is.
If what you really want is a Chambers, an Atlas isn't going to fill that void for you, and vice versa. They are completely different guns with completely different build philosophies.

In my case there is room for both philosophies in my collection and I'm eagerly awaiting my PhatWMG. Personally I am glad I went with Atlas first as it better fit the void I wanted filled, which was an outright race horse. Awesome trigger, awesome ergonomics, just down right fast. Now that that void is filled I can better appreciate what Chambers brings to the table, a war horse built with the best parts fitted to unrivaled tolerances.

Also, as you know, if you want a Chambers you have to be very diligent about getting on the list, which just closed for 2022, so yeah 1.5 to 2 year wait is about right.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
This thread got me thinking
So I took my carry gun out today for some
Off hand ( non dominant ) one handed practice

mp shield 3 inch with crimson trace laser ( green )
21 to 30 feet

disregard the small holes I had to check a 22

Never shoot left handed before maybe I should
Liquid Drinkware Fluid Vase Art
Liquid Drinkware Fluid Vase Art

·
Registered
37 Posts
If what you really want is a Chambers, an Atlas isn't going to fill that void for you, and vice versa. They are completely different guns with completely different build philosophies.

In my case there is room for both philosophies in my collection and I'm eagerly awaiting my PhatWMG. Personally I am glad I went with Atlas first as it better fit the void I wanted filled, which was an outright race horse. Awesome trigger, awesome ergonomics, just down right fast. Now that that void is filled I can better appreciate what Chambers brings to the table, a war horse built with the best parts fitted to unrivaled tolerances.

Also, as you know, if you want a Chambers you have to be very diligent about getting on the list, which just closed for 2022, so yeah 1.5 to 2 year wait is about right.
Agreed. Each are completely different. Both shoot extremely well for what they are designed to do. To sum up, you’d want both to fill the void, since the void is not just one thing.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts