Sig Sauer P-210

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Integrity Arms, Jun 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Finally got to shoot it, been way to Hot to enjoy it~! kids and sig P-210 059.JPG kids and sig P-210 062.JPG kids and sig P-210 056.JPG

I just purchased this from one of many great addicts on this forum, @DukeSoprano and just now took it out for a 40 round burst of fun... I wouldn't go as far as to say I like it better than my CZ Shadow II, however it is right up there neck and neck with the accuracy and fun level of shooting. Two downfalls are such low round capacity and the thumb safety is a bit hard to maneuver because of the grip thickness just below. In my opinion the over all design of the gun is very attractive, recoil at a bare minimum, much less and it would be near effortless to shoot, this is a gun I plan on trying to load and shoot at distance as close up honestly does not present much of a challenge.

There was a time when I was really hot and heavy after the sigs, during that time I was surrounds by a large groups of guys that were very sold on the platform.. However after awhile I just couldn't get excited about em anymore. Until the 226 SAO Legion, which I recently sold, and to this day I carry a 938.. Anyway they hit this one out of the park imo.. The 210 is a target pistol, it's not a carry or nightstand gun, this gun would do very well in a competition class and I think we will hear more about them in coming months being used as such.. The previous owner was nice enough to send me a couple magazines with
    articles reviewing the gun, which I am very stoked to read when I can find the time..

So here is the skinny 24 rounds at a 2" bullsye Dirty bird target about 10 yards I got a bit sloppy had a couple flyers and only 15 in the bull ring... Then with the last two mags I backed up to about 25 yards and shot at my steel targets and did not miss a shot, knocking down the top 6 4" targets in a pretty quick burst. It was really hot and I kind of rushed things, so I didn't really pay attention to hand placement, trigger control or none of the important stuff, so if the gun shoots that good with me being lazy and complacent, then I know what it is actually capable of is probably beyond my true capabilities. But, again this is a gun I will focus on shooting at ranges of 30 yards and beyond as well as the Cz so I can see myself starting to tweak my 9mm loads a bit to gain a little more umph and may have to seek a little advice from some pro loaders..in the group.

2. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013

3. 605atthe wheels

605atthe wheels In the staging lanes Supporting Addict

Oct 19, 2012
    S.O.S (Steve Owen Sigs), May I suggest a little trip to Mr.Robert Burke the Sig Armorer for a little action work & then a Side x Side comparo with the Shad II. I'd sign on for that update. Shad II is on my bucket list.

George

Badabing11 and Steve Owens like this.
  4. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Very much sir very much

Badabing11 likes this.
  5. AVG

AVG Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Good luck with your P210. I got mine when they were on gun brokers this year. I only waited 25 years for them to be made here at the right price.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    mikemac and Badabing11 like this.
  6. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    congrats on that great new toy. it is a keeper for sure

mikemac and Badabing11 like this.
  7. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Hey Steve. Here's what the Army SAMTU team uses for 9mm competition.
    Hornady 115 gr. XTP
    5.0 gr. Vihtavouri VV330 powder
    Federal small pistol primer
    OAL 1.142

Badabing11 and Steve Owens like this.
  8. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I wish they had updated it with a ambi.

Steve Owens likes this.
  9. Badabing11

Badabing11 I gotta have more cowbell

Sep 6, 2015
    Nice shooting Steve! You must have wrung this out after our phone call yesterday.

I'm surprised to hear about the thumb safety. To me, that is the tipping point for me favoring the US model over the Swiss made. Admittedly, my hands are pretty big.

If I ride the thumb safety on a 1911, my thumb can reach the slide stop. It's a problem for me on a lot of non 1911 style guns as I tend to shoot thumbs high, and sometimes trip the slide stop so the slide won't lock back on the last round.

I've figured my grip out on my 1911. Maybe the Sig is a good match for me :)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted