1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like this is a stupid question but i can't figure it out. I have a gen 1 stacatto p duo and decided to pick up gen 2 duo but it looks like the stock rear plate is removed differently than the gen 1. I removed the little screw in front of the rear sight but the plate is not budging. Am i missing something? The gen 1 had to two visible screws on top of the plate to remove so it was easy. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't have mine yet but hope this helps

They did change it again. Instead of the external screws on the plate, there is a screw hole in the top of the rear sight, that hols the plate on. It is keyed in the front, so between the keyed front, and the trox screw in the back, it is held in place very securely.

So try puling it back instead of up when you have the screw out...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have mine yet but hope this helps

They did change it again. Instead of the external screws on the plate, there is a screw hole in the top of the rear sight, that hols the plate on. It is keyed in the front, so between the keyed front, and the trox screw in the back, it is held in place very securely.

So try puling it back instead of up when you have the screw out...
Thanks yea I tried that but I can't get it to budge. May just call STI tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
In cases such as this I put a soldering iron on the screw head for a few minutes to heat the screw and soften the thread locker. Usually works like a charm! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In cases such as this I put a soldering iron on the screw head for a few minutes to heat the screw and soften the thread locker. Usually works like a charm! Hope this helps.
Thanks. The screw removed no problem I just cant get the plate to budge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. The screw removed no problem I just cant get the plate to budge.
That's strange.. on mine, as I was loosening the screw, the plate began lifting out.
Just to clarify, you are loosening the screw inside the rear sight and not the set screw?
You can't remove the screw as it is trapped by the rear sight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's strange.. on mine, as I was loosening the screw, the plate began lifting out.
Just to clarify, you are loosening the screw inside the rear sight and not the set screw?
You can't remove the screw as it is trapped by the rear sight.
Man I feel like an idiot you were right I didn't realize there was another screw in the sight itself. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man I feel like an idiot you were right I didn't realize there was another screw in the sight itself. Thanks!
Lol.. Don't feel too bad, it took me a hot minute to figure it out as well.
It's a much cleaner design, but STI needs to do a better job with instructions on how to remove it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I myself was concerned when I opened up the optic plates for the first time that I would have to remove the rear sight. I've seen some videos of people removing STI sights and the fit is extremely tight. I was surprised that they have a rear sight on every plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts