1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,783 Posts
This is the second one of these I've seen today.
In for the info
I know right, and now that I’ve got an Ed Brown for my set this is the next one I want. I too am in for info as I know very little and am interested in these very much.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Interesting stick of dynamite you've got there Chuck.

Reactions: Mike A

·
Registered
202 Posts
Need more pics. It looks like a 1941 Mauser ( eagle 655 on right side), and the toggle link ( part with crown ) is an Erma part from an imperial Luger. If that’s the only mismatched part it likely was a matching gun that this broke and was replaced. It could also be a parts gun. There were many Russian captured one for sale a few years back. Unfortunately like with the Russian captured k98s and P 38s all were disassembled, parts mixed and hot blues and put back together.

·
Dremel jockey
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll put up more pics.

Reactions: Mike A

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
PW I was trying to get your pics to open up but they do so very little.

You know how some pics open up to where you can see real detail.
Can we do something to enlarge our pictures?

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,577 Posts
There’s a whole forum that deals with these. A couple years ago my B-I-L brought out a WW2 P08 his father had taken off a captured German officer towards the end of the war. BIL isn’t a gun nut (like I am) so I agreed to research it for him. The P08 Luger forum guys were very helpful - I posted photos and they provided a lot of information. My BIL will be keeping his pistol for sentimental reasons. It had all matching serial numbers, the original holster AND belt! The Nazi swastika symbol had come off the holster or belt buckle (can’t remember which) - but he still had it all together. As I recall, the forum guys evaluated the pistol around $800 and several hundred more for the holster and belt. His dad had kept all the stuff in a safe for sixty years and everything was in remarkably good shape.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It’s import marked, so likely one of the Russian capture guns. There were some that came in matching or matching minus a broken part or two.
The value as a collector piece is not there due to a mismatched part. It should make an excellent shooter that I would value at around 1k or so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts