P365 straight from the FFL

Discussion in 'Range Trips & Reviews' started by Ethanol Red, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Went from the shop to the range. Another Addict and I bought consecutive serial numbered guns. Loaded the mags and let loose.

The mags are hard to load up. My fingers are sore from reloading them a few times.

The pistol is very easy to shoot. For its size, I am very surprised at the lack of recoil. If I spent more time I could probably make smaller groups.

I will probably sell a few small guns after getting this. I am very impressed with it and it handles quite well. My G26 feels huge compared to it. Same capacity. F7D7641C-8EDE-4BDF-916C-51B5306D6189.jpeg 1BD334B3-F371-4B05-AF3E-156771D1807A.jpeg 085CDF6B-57BA-46BA-92A0-1A06A3EF06AA.jpeg It’s small but comfortable to hold. I like it a lot.

41 Charlie, Dub, boatdoc and 19 others like this.
  2. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    "It’s small but comfortable to hold. I like it a lot."

That's what she said.

3. Diablo

Diablo When in doubt, empty the magazine!!!

Nov 28, 2018
  4. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    It's been a very controversial gun, on one hand it's what everyone wants, small with high capacity and Glock alternative. On the other hand are the reliability and durability concerns at 2,000 rounds. I've held them a few times, feels right in the hand.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    41 Charlie, Dub, removed and 3 others like this.
  5. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    I'm still super interested in these. If I'd had time to find and handle one, I'm guessing I might have one. thanks fo the report

ImperialBlade likes this.
  6. Ethanol Red

Jul 12, 2015
    I can recommend this pistol. Compared to my G26 this thing is tiny. Same capacity with 75% the size.

tac45, extremist and ImperialBlade like this.
  7. Hawker7

Hawker7 Member

Sep 20, 2017
    I like them, but still can't get past all the issues they had when first released. I have heard they are better now.

ImperialBlade and WHEELS like this.
  8. Acroyer

Acroyer I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a 1911 today Supporting Addict

Dec 16, 2015
  9. Ethanol Red

Jul 12, 2015
    Just got one of those loaders. It helps immensely.

1911 dawg and ImperialBlade like this.
  10. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    @Ethenol Red - I was wondering where you had been. I personally hadn't caught any of your posts in a while. Gla to see you are alive and kickin'!

11. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Very nice Red , great choice IMHO

ImperialBlade likes this.
  12. Ethanol Red

Jul 12, 2015
    I haven’t been posting much lately. No interesting reason, just the ebb and flow of life. Been busy. I’m still kicking around.

13. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Did you catch Lab Girl yet. ??

Mr. Knight and ImperialBlade like this.
  14. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    I fired one a few days ago as a range rental. Pretty nice gun I’m thinking. Still nervous about not having that thumb safety though. I had one of those loaders and it does work sweet. Unfortunately I got no clue as to where I put it. Between those 365 mags and loading my wife’s pmr 30 mags I was beat the hell up! Gonna have to buy another loader. That should about guarantee that the other one shows up!

Mr. Knight likes this.
  15. Ethanol Red

Jul 12, 2015
    Yeah those 365 mags are a real bear to load. First 6 are okay.

Mr. Knight likes this.
  16. pcso13

pcso13 Happiness is a range in your backyard

Nov 25, 2018
    Got the wife a P365 and we are having the same problems with loading the mags.

Those are without a doubt the hardest mags to load I've ever come in contact with!

Got a Makershot mag loader made specifically for the P365 and it helps, but it's still pretty bad.

Also, some ammo just won't fit in the mags. Tried some Gold Dot 124 gr. and finally just gave up. The 365 mags are small and if the ammo is taller it doesn't want to fit. Maybe that's Sigs way of letting us know a particular ammo won't feed anyway.

In the picture below the Gold Dot 124 gr. is on the left and that's Sig V-Crown 147 gr. on the right.

IMG_1500.jpg

Dub and Wheels No More like this.
  17. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    Over the last few month, I’ve read reviews, watched YouTube videos, and even handled a 365 in a store, so I finally decided to buy one. I found a used one locally at a good price and picked it up this afternoon. After 50 rounds fired, I like it but am not as impressed as I thought I would be. I’ve had a G43 for a while and like it OK (for a Glock), but according to all the hype, the 365 is “revolutionary” and a “game changer” compared to the 43. Well, I don’t see it. Yes, it’s a nice gun, but I wouldn’t say it’s any nicer or better than a 43 (and I’m absolutely not a Glock fan).

Now that I’ve got it, I’m going to keep it, carry it, and shoot it.

Mr. Knight and razorbacker like this.
  18. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    I owned a P365 briefly. It shot extremely well for me, but not better than my G43, and my big mits prefer the G43, so I sold the Sig, but it is pretty amazing how many rounds they can cram in that small grip.

19. pcso13

pcso13 Happiness is a range in your backyard

Nov 25, 2018
    Full discloser: I do not own a Glock 43, however my Daughter has one so I've shot it a few times.

I thought the G43 shot well but it still only has a 6 round magazine. The 2 round extension is nice, gets it up to 8 rounds and makes it fit my hand properly. The 4 round extension, while I haven't actually held one would be too long I think.

The Sig P365 on the other hand, has a standard 10 round magazine and with the 12 round magazine fits my hand perfectly. It also, for me, shoots very well.

That leaves me with 2 good shooting little guns but the slightly smaller of the two has 12 rounds in the mag vs. 8 rounds. That big for a gun this small.

Your results can and will vary but I shoot the Sig a little better. It just seems more comfortable in my hand.

Like most guns out there, it's all very subjective and each person has to decide what makes them the happiest.

Oh, and did I mention my wife likes and shoots the Sig better than anything she has with the exception of her Staccato C? I know, I know, I could have lead with that little tidbit and saved everyone a lot of reading............. :)

retrieverman likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted