1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Addicts,
As a Pennsylvania resident, the Gov closed all non life supporting businesses. Long topic for another area, but wanted to say anyone receiving a firearm needing a background check, please check with your FFL as they may not be able to process.
Just a cautionary note to prevent unhappy transactions.

Fellow PA Addicts, please add your thoughts and any experiences from today forward.

Stay well everyone.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Jeez. I am scared of that occurring in CT as well, as I have one coming in next week and would like to ship a few out as well. I also heard your packys (liquor stores for you non new Englanders) are closed. Is that true? Since PA is working closely with the tri state area I am assuming CT will be following suite shortly

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
I'm having trouble getting a gun shipped from Illinois.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,003 Posts
Not just state-by-state.
Some FFLs are not willing to receive shipments as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeez. I am scared of that occurring in CT as well, as I have one coming in next week and would like to ship a few out as well. I also heard your packys (liquor stores for you non new Englanders) are closed. Is that true? Since PA is working closely with the tri state area I am assuming CT will be following suite shortly
Yes, our “State Stores” closed earlier in the week.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Two of the nearest gun shops to me have closed in central PA. There's another one that's about 15 miles from me that is staying open. They sell alot of hunting and trapping equipment which is on the essential business list that was put out yesterday.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,599 Posts
They haven't been shut down in Maine yet. Thankfully I'm neither expecting nor shipping anything at the moment. I decided to try selling a few but put them on consignment with a little local shop rather than face trying to ship under the current circumstances. Plus, he'll stay open no matter what the state says.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Fellow Addicts,
As a Pennsylvania resident, the Gov closed all non life supporting businesses. Long topic for another area, but wanted to say anyone receiving a firearm needing a background check, please check with your FFL as they may not be able to process.
Just a cautionary note to prevent unhappy transactions.

Fellow PA Addicts, please add your thoughts and any experiences from today forward.

Stay well everyone.
Been that way for a week here in the PRK, some FFL's are staying open only by appointment to release guns, some are being forced to close even for that. Its an ugly situation.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I live in PA.

If all you need is a transfer, you might try some of the FFL's that just do transfers and personal orders out of their homes. They're not technically a store, and are usually only open by appointment anyway. To my knowledge, PICS is still operational.

Governor Wolf's panic reponse to this is going to put even more people out of work. I understand the need for social distancing, but that doesn't mean entire business have to shut down. You could just limit the number people in the establishment and/or require that they operate by appointment only. (Sorry for the rant.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Note from my FFL on Wednesday:

I just called the Illinois State Police and they actually answered the phone! Crazy I know.

We have several 4473's still delayed for firearms pending for pick up. She just informed me that the people in that department WILL NOT be back to work until at least April 1st. Which means the delayed 4473's will not be approved until at least April 1st.

If you have a firearm you need to pick up, give us a call and we will let you know the status of your 4473.

So sorry guys. Wish there was something we could do.

·
Banned
1,621 Posts
Note from my FFL on Wednesday:

I just called the Illinois State Police and they actually answered the phone! Crazy I know.

We have several 4473's still delayed for firearms pending for pick up. She just informed me that the people in that department WILL NOT be back to work until at least April 1st. Which means the delayed 4473's will not be approved until at least April 1st.

If you have a firearm you need to pick up, give us a call and we will let you know the status of your 4473.

So sorry guys. Wish there was something we could do.
to which I would reply ‘after the third business day of you not getting any notice I’ll be there to pick up my gun.’
They can still tell you no but technically after the third business day if they’ve not gotten any notice they can release the gun to you unless your state has more stringent laws.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Just stopped at mine as Josh was locking up, he couldn't say when they would re-open. My transfer came in and now will just sit there for God knows how long!:rage::rage::rage::rage::cry::cry::cry::(:(
Thanks Wolf you azzhole!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On a brighter note, working remote, outside today enjoying the 70 degree temps and sunshine. Hearing the local range firing away.
Beverage in hand, making the best of it.
Would like to wish all the addicts to be safe and prepared.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was going to make purchase last night on GB. It was an incredible deal. But I'm concerned that the shops won't be open to receive, etc. I had to pass. So Glad my STI DVC-P made it in on Monday. I was even worried then it might be an issue!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Are these all 2 week/15 day shutdowns?
If not and it’s more, then I smell liberal rats.
It's not just FFL's. Restaurants, bars, movie theaters, bookstores, etc, are all shutdown.

Ironically, liquor and beer stores are exempt. I guess Wolf considers them to be "life sustaining."

EDIT: Restaurants can stay open if they are takeout only.

Reactions: Raylan Givens
1 - 20 of 46 Posts