Para GI Expert to the range

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by arizonarotors, Jan 10, 2012.

1. arizonarotors

arizonarotors New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    I've posted this info to a couple of other 1911 forums so I apologize if you're reading it for the second time.

I just feel strongly that I should share my initial findings re: my Para with other 1911 folks.

I was able to take my GI Expert to the range for the first time.

I only fired 200 rounds this first trip. I used my favorite plinking load: 4.5 grains of Titegroup under a 185 grain Berry HBRN.

No failures during this first couple of hundred rounds. Accuracy at 15 yards was acceptable for these old eyes using a two hand modified Weaver stance. The group size for the whole string was a tad over 3 inches.

I used the two magazines provided, an original 1911A1 magazine left over from my military days, two generic magazines from Cheaper than Dirt, and even a Magazine from my old .45 LLama Omni. All mags worked acceptably.

I have not yet done anything to the pistol except field strip, clean, and oil.

I'm very pleased with my Para so far.

R/S

Jim

2. EdS

EdS Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I've got a para that will just shoot & shoot.. and is accurate for what it is. They get a lot of hate online... but not everything they made was bad.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted