Para Para Ordinance “WARTHOG” Hi-Cap .45 ACP

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by John Butler, Mar 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. John Butler

John Butler Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 23, 2018
  2. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    I had one a long time ago... I got rid of it when the slide stop literally cracked and crumbled into sand. This happened at the range...

It was literally the day I gave up on mim parts and got rid of all the 1911’s that had them.

This happened to me with a Kimber as well... two 1911s with major failure in under a year. Just my experience... I personally would pass on it.

John Butler likes this.

3. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    I also had one back when they were new. They were too heavy, too fat, and way too Para Ordnance. At least mine lasted long enough to trade it away.

4. John Butler

John Butler Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 23, 2018
    I've only had one Para and it was an expert carry commander 1911 single stack and it ran great. Seems the issues might be more with the double stacks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5. Mikey421

Mikey421 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Para uses a lot of MIM parts in their build but the barrels, slides and frames are solid and trusty. The guns don’t like hollow point bullets though, I think the feed ramps might be a bit steep for them. I love my PXT single stack 5” govt model though and have run about 2000 rounds through it. The match barrel likes quick burning propellant and 230gr RN bullets....

The Warthog is a double stack which means big hands only. If you do get it, get forged parts for all of the MIM pieces (if you want, not critical) and get the barrel re-ramped if you want to run Hollow Point bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted