1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up A Para Ordnance C6-45 LDA which translates into the Para Carry, 6 round, light double action trigger. Seem to be in pretty good shape tho there was no lube anywhere on the pistol. I did a full disassembly and cleaning (it was pretty dirty, and areas under the grips are stained with old grease or oil. I'm thinking this officers sized 1911 was fired enough to get it dirty, and then put in a nightstand). There was no box or manuals with the gun, and only one mag. And BOY, original mags are difficult to find. I have read up on Para's LDA pistols, but never had handled one. The D/A trigger is VERY light, but you need to be careful to let the trigger out to the second "reset click" for the gun to go bang again.

I can't wait to get this out to shoot. Unfortunately, the governor of our state doesn't think ranges and gun shops are essential businesses, so I have to wait.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I've handled, shot and worked on LDA's. Always thought it was a great system.
The geometry they used to get the trigger that light and still have it go bang has always interested me.
Keep an eye on fleabay for magazines and check the older LGS when they reopen. They won't have them on a display rack but might have them in an old box out back. The shops I've worked at always had a box of old mags and another of old holsters hiding under the counter.
Enjoy it should be fun little blaster!

Reactions: Mikey421 and Onramp

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I just picked up A Para Ordnance C6-45 LDA which translates into the Para Carry, 6 round, light double action trigger. Seem to be in pretty good shape tho there was no lube anywhere on the pistol. I did a full disassembly and cleaning (it was pretty dirty, and areas under the grips are stained with old grease or oil. I'm thinking this officers sized 1911 was fired enough to get it dirty, and then put in a nightstand). There was no box or manuals with the gun, and only one mag. And BOY, original mags are difficult to find. I have read up on Para's LDA pistols, but never had handled one. The D/A trigger is VERY light, but you need to be careful to let the trigger out to the second "reset click" for the gun to go bang again.

I can't wait to get this out to shoot. Unfortunately, the governor of our state doesn't think ranges and gun shops are essential businesses, so I have to wait.
Does it say anywhere on the pistol ‘made in Canada’?!! If not, it’s post 2008 production, either Ft.Lauderdale FL or in Georgia. I have a pair of Para-Ordnance PXT7-45 single stack full sized in stainless. I swear by them as they are among the last made here in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the life of me, I can't get a picture from my phone onto my computer. The right side of the pistol, at the end of the dust cover, says Made in Canada. Closer to the trigger guard are two lines - first says Para Ordnance Inc and the Second says Ft Lauderdale FL. S/N is kinda cool - P100600.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can any one tell me the procedure for replacing the safety on a 6.45. Or if gun digest has one in any of their assembly/disassembly books? I just replaced the mainspring housing with a stainless steel. On the books I have edition 1 and 4 but can not find if any of the other editions include Para Ordnance.

·
Banned
222 Posts
This gun is heavy but it is small, flat, has good sights, is reliable and , in general, is a good hybrid of Glock and 1911 features. I was very impressed even though I was indisposed to like the LDA concept from the start. It kicks little (dual recoil springs help) and does work with 7rd standard mags as well as its own 6rd magazines. I think runt got a good one.

She does her research and, so far, has had a 100% success rate in picking functional, reliable designs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Never mind, it does not show in any book or on youtube, but on a Para Ordnance 6.45 you can change the safety out by simply removing the slide and then removing the grip safetyy pin. No need to remove the main spring housing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I now have 3 6.45 Para's. 2 ss and one 2tone. These are great carry guns, a liitle on the heavy side but winter is almost back and belt carry helps. The trigger makes up for the weight. Have worked on a couple and secured extra spring and part kits from Sarco.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I carry a PDA in .45 and I love it. Have you had any luck getting magazines?
[/QU
I carry a PDA in .45 and I love it. Have you had any luck getting magazines?
Yes, you can find them at checkmate magazines. All they have in stock is the blue. Used to have the nickle also, but the last time I looked they did not. I have 10 mags, so I do not look that often. I sold one of my ss models, so I am left with 3 now. For parts use Scaro.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have 2, and for qualifying I use full sized 1911 mags. I could always use more and I will keep an eye out for checkmate. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts