close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Para P16-40

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by Trigger, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Trigger

Trigger New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Here is a not so good pic of my Para P16-40 that I bought new back in 1994.....
    I think it was Para's first 1911 style pistol....Please correct me if Im wrong......
    I got it before the 10 round mag ban went into effect......
    Very accurate and shoots to point of aim.....
    I hope I posted this in the right place.............:smile:

[​IMG]

2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks good to me! They made kit/upgrade frames back in the day before offering whole builds. There were .45s at first; the other calibers came later.

Although they don't always get the best reputation, seeing the older ones like that brings me back to when high-capacity 1911s were new and exciting. Good stuff. :smilie:

Andy

3. Trigger

Trigger New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    The Para still looks almost new with about 8000 rounds down range.......

If I shoot my light re-loads I have to change to a lighter recoil spring.....:smile:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    The pistolsmith that I use (Jay Crowder) worked for Para at one time. He still does a lot of work on Para's.. Ron

5. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have a thing for Para... no clue why. I have always liked them. I am always warned off of them though. I looked at a P18 9mm awhile back I almost got it.

6. Trigger

Trigger New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Over the years I have read where some folks have shyed away from buying Paras for some reason.....
    This one has been a great pleasure to shoot.....It was designed to shoot the factory loads tho.....
    If ya wanna shoot light loads you gotta change the recoil spring....:doh:

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    My understanding is that the company has had some ups and downs over the years, not unlike other pistol makers, that resulted in some service and quality inconsistencies. I can't count the SA's I've seen with the sights visibly off center, Colts that rattled like a baby's toy or Kimbers with broken out frame "cutouts". There are lots of S&W's with problems and even the great SIG sheared off a thumb safety and nearly my thumb.. I think one can probably get "a bad example" of anything... Or a good example.. Cheers.. Ron

8. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I think a lot of it came from dealing with them in Canada.

I know of one person that loves them, has several models. They have had issues with them but Para has always made it right. What more can one ask for.

I like the 2011 frame design they use a little better than the S_I models.

9. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Para's... I Like em.
    Canadian and American Limiteds
    [​IMG]

A 400 Cor-Bon Kit Gun and a Custom P12-45, Both from the 90's
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted