1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My favorite non 1911 pistol, shown below, was taken from a German Hauptmann POW during the Normandy campaign. The 3rd Armored Division soldier who acquired it from the POW at Normandy choose to carry this over his issued 1911 until he returned home many many months after VE day. During the Battle of the Bulge and other engagements, he would always sleep with it on top of his bed roll at night.

I have plenty of information regarding the history from the veteran who is still living. This veteran is also mentioned in a number of books about the Battle of the Bulge plus he has written his own memoirs which I will be posting separately because the story exceeds the character limit.

Here is a link to the first story....

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads...ng-back-story-normandy-an-erupted-hell.36945/

As for the firearm itself, all numbers are matching and the bore is remarkably nice. However, it shows the type of wear expected for a sidearm carried during war. It's not the prettiest pistol, but to me it is the most significant pistol I own.

Enjoy!

Gun Ammunition Trigger Amber Revolver
Gun Ammunition Firearm Trigger Gun accessory

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
very cool piece of history and a special gun for sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts