Party Like It's 1984 or Don't

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scaramouche, Jul 21, 2020.

1. rmac

rmac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 26, 2016
    What is the THING you people speak of that you WATCH? the news on.

gps man likes this.
  2. Dr Awkward

Dr Awkward Active Member Supporting Addict

Apr 28, 2020
    I think that's always been true. And don't forget the water; a sailboat underway is a calm place to be, unless your getting pummeled by the sea, which is even better for paying attention to the strictly relevant stuff.

DRD likes this.

3. Dr Awkward

Dr Awkward Active Member Supporting Addict

Apr 28, 2020
    You don't want to know. Cover your eyes! Wax your ears!

4. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I wanna learn how to sail. My retirement plan is to work until I can afford a big arsed trimaran, and sail it around the world with a small crew of young coeds. Appropriately armed to defend against pirates for fun. At least something belt fed. Figure I better start small though so I'm looking for a Hobie.

5. rmac

Jan 26, 2016
    In years past I spent some tranquil times on Blowboats.
    Well, except for the time I brought an 85 foot Southern Ocean from New Zealand back to North Carolina by way of the Drake Passage. Learned how to sail with the mast parallel to the briney.
    The Drake should be on everyone’s Bucket List.

Dr Awkward, gaijin, gps man and 2 others like this.
  6. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
  7. rmac

Jan 26, 2016
    Morning Richard, Love the song, the singer, not so much. Song is not a bad description of a Southwest run from the left coast.
    Still have some old grainy film from the run through the Drake. First 200 miles dead flat then things picked up a bit. When through binoculars you could see Supertankers rolling to a 45 you kind of thought “Oh crap, why did I want to do this”.
    When both sticks are parallel (ketch rigged and 26 meters at the water line) to the water and you can only fly jib and jigger your pucker string gets rather tight.
    About 250 miles of that and then the bottom of the world started to flatten again.
    Slid around to the South Atlantic and all was right with the world.
    During my stint in Patagonia I made the other two as a paying hitchhiker. The Beagle wasn’t bad but the Magellan had some interesting ice.
    Over all I do better in the ‘up above’.

8. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Good morning Ron, happy to hear them old sea stories, ever since you attacked me with that razor at Whittington I knew you were a swashbuckler from the past. Or rather, with a past. Stay healthy!

FWoo45 and isialk like this.
  9. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Glad to see your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I don’t want an online debate. If they go that route they can alter and control the timing, pauses etc. Plenty of room on a stage for both men. Zero excuse not to hold multiple debates.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted