1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Go Ahead, Make My Day!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, Pay pal is anti gun and will freeze your account if they "think" you bought or sold a gun or gun related item through them
A friend recently cried when paypal took the money back that a buyer paid. The buyer said he didnt receive the items and paypal backed him up.
I have received money where the buyer used the family and friends tab. That doesnt seem to matter.

Just a heads up for the group. Any comments or bad experiences is wanted here
Thanls!!!

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I just use the F&F tab with no comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Enabler
3,544 Posts
I hate pp, but forced to use them with Ebay. I hate Ebay too.

Pp froze my account when we were taking pawn payments on firearms through our software app. Lots of fighting to get them to understand we weren't selling anything

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
Interestingly, they process membership dues payments, and have for years, for two gun forums I modded that were named *1234* Gun Forum, and *xyz* Gun Forum. It’s not like it was a secret.

It is really hard to find payment processors who will have anything to do with firearms. I know, I was responsible for finding one a few years ago for one of the forums. How we got paypal to do it and continue doing it is beyond me. We don’t sell firearms there, but we do have firearms classifieds, just like here.

·
Deo Volente
8,404 Posts
I cancelled my PayPal account years ago. Credit card or check, I think I can wait. I absolutely abhor their policies.

Right now I am waiting to cash a check from a member because USPS has been excruciatingly slow on delivering a set of grips. This isn't from one end of the country to the other, it is from the Western Slope to the Front Range of Colorado. about 170 miles!

·
...Terminal Addict
1,942 Posts
As much as I hate PayPal, it is honestly just easier in most aspects.
I have it linked as a payment processing source for other ventures, ebay, etc..

When doing a frowned upon transaction, I use F&F and am sure not to mention what is being purchased/sold. No point in using G&S as you will not be covered in a claim.
If selling, I try to get a feel for the buyer. I have completed several transactions with fellow Addicts here, and have had zero issues to date.

In the past I have heard others say they will only use Venmo, Venmo is owned by PayPal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have never sold anything using PP. I have bought a ton of things and used PP since 2005 without any problems. Several items have been firearm related or actual parts. A lot have been from vendors or sellers that sell firearms as the main part of their business. Some of them took PP for purchases with the exception of firearms, firearm parts were ok. A lot of them have dropped PP for even non Firearm sales to show their dissatisfaction with the PP policy and stance toward 2A Rights.

I use PP whenever I can because I have a CC that I only use for PP. I try not to use a CC for anything that is directly linked to bank or personal info.

I also wear a tinfoil hat whenever possible, just my two cents.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
I use pp often because I have other addictions too and most dealers won’t accept payment by any other means for numismatics!
I just sent a large personal check to a member here and I know that works well, we’ve had transactions before! I’ve paid for almost everything large on this forum by PC with no issues.

I do like the convenience of pp and like to use it for gun and gun item purchases, makes me think I’m givin em the middle finger:finger:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.