1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Addicts – long time no talk! I got permission to get another “home defense” gun. I’ve been looking at the Sig P226 (Legion SAO 9mm), CZ SP-01,
and 10mm. Anyone have any good excuses on why I should get a 10 mm (Colt Delta or Sig 220)? Or any other suggestions on the $1000-$1500 range?

As always, thank you in advance!
Sam

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Welcome back,

For 10mm Dan Wesson Razor, For a CZ check out the shadow Tactical no rail though.
As an alternate option build up a CZ or seek out a CZ SDP.
Those SAO legions are sweet also. Half the fun is the search.

·
Double Secret Banned
2,162 Posts
If you're looking at recent Sigs you should look at Keltecs, Lorcins and Hi-Points.

Same quality level.

Reactions: gaijin

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
^^Agreed.

CZ hard to beat for the bucks.

Reactions: FWoo45

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Sam

the p220 10 mm is an awesome weapon . think about that for a while

on the other hand ,w hen we went to 10mm for home defense, we bought a Ruger super redhawk. just the looks of that gun should scare a thug :)

welcome back buddy

ps I love cz guns so I give you permission to buy one of those too but if I want to defend the house the 10mm ruger solves that problem bette r IMHO

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
when given permission to buy 1--buy 2 :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello Addicts – long time no talk! I got permission to get another “home defense” gun. I’ve been looking at the Sig P226, CZ SP, and 10mm. Anyone have any good excuses on why I should get a 10 mm (Colt Delta)? Or any other suggestions on the $1000-$1500 range?

As always, thank you in advance!
Sam
Thank kind lord oo
Who gave you permission ??
Lol - my wife. Told her it’s home defense. She’s not convinced given the other guns in the house but I think I’ve worn her out enough that she was willing to give in!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Agree on the CZ. Most everything from the CZ Custom shop (or Cajun Gun Works) fits in that price range, and you get a customized, high end gun you can carry cocked and locked (if you are of a 1911 mindset) that is very accurate, has an excellent trigger, does not malfunction, holds lots of bullets, and is great fun to shoot.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im kind of leaning towards a 10mm since I don't carry and this will really be for range and "home defense". Thoughts?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome back,

For 10mm Dan Wesson Razor, For a CZ check out the shadow Tactical no rail though.
As an alternate option build up a CZ or seek out a CZ SDP.
Those SAO legions are sweet also. Half the fun is the search.
Any idea why the silverback was discontinued?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts