1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Permission to get another....

2K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  cgff 
#1 ·
Hello Addicts – long time no talk! I got permission to get another “home defense” gun. I’ve been looking at the Sig P226 (Legion SAO 9mm), CZ SP-01,
and 10mm. Anyone have any good excuses on why I should get a 10 mm (Colt Delta or Sig 220)? Or any other suggestions on the $1000-$1500 range?

As always, thank you in advance!
Sam

#11 ·
Sam

the p220 10 mm is an awesome weapon . think about that for a while

on the other hand ,w hen we went to 10mm for home defense, we bought a Ruger super redhawk. just the looks of that gun should scare a thug :)

welcome back buddy

ps I love cz guns so I give you permission to buy one of those too but if I want to defend the house the 10mm ruger solves that problem bette r IMHO

#12 ·
when given permission to buy 1--buy 2 :)

#13 ·
Hello Addicts – long time no talk! I got permission to get another “home defense” gun. I’ve been looking at the Sig P226, CZ SP, and 10mm. Anyone have any good excuses on why I should get a 10 mm (Colt Delta)? Or any other suggestions on the $1000-$1500 range?

As always, thank you in advance!
Sam
Thank kind lord oo
Who gave you permission ??
Lol - my wife. Told her it’s home defense. She’s not convinced given the other guns in the house but I think I’ve worn her out enough that she was willing to give in!

#17 ·
Agree on the CZ. Most everything from the CZ Custom shop (or Cajun Gun Works) fits in that price range, and you get a customized, high end gun you can carry cocked and locked (if you are of a 1911 mindset) that is very accurate, has an excellent trigger, does not malfunction, holds lots of bullets, and is great fun to shoot.

#26 ·
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the selections you mentioned when it comes to quality and effectiveness. Other considerations that you alone have to apply include among other things, hand sized, trigger reach, and recoil management skills. My philosophy is in line with some others who believe you should use the most powerful caliber that you can shoot well with reasonably quick follow up shots. But that is a general philosophy with several caveats. Thank goodness, your wife fully understands you can never have enough home protection options on hand. Good luck.

#29 ·
Any idea why the silverback was discontinued?
As ZArugby stated sales, which would be my guess also
If it’s 10 mm your seeking you have quite a few options, there’s a limited run of DW valor bobtails
Available but it’s above your stated budget. A sig legion 10mm hmm. Ruger Nightwatchman?
Springfield Operator, A Delta Elite, plus a few more, lots of choices today for the 10 mm.
A real sweet 10 mm if you can find one was the Sig 220 10mm 2 tone done by lipseys
It was DA/SA black slide over grey frame night sights and SrT trigger w/G10 Grips.

Pictures are required when sourced

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.