1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me first begin by stating that I am very happy with my recent acquisition of the Firehawk. It originally was an AAC .45acp that I found at my LGS. It was priced very low it was too good of a deal to pass up so i jumped on it. then it sat, for years in my safe. Unlike all of my other handguns I found the AAC suppressor height sights and extended barrel too cumbersome to carry in a holster. I sent it back to NHC to have normal height sights installed and have it re-finished. In hindsight I should have had the extended barrel removed but I didn't. Then in 2019 I met the NHC gang at a trade show when they unveiled the new FireHawk. The model I held was exquisite and perfect the lines of it and the design had me thinking I must own one! so I pondered and I waited to see what the reviews would have to say about this piece and as everyone knows the Firehawk is a HUGE hit. So in mid 2020 I figured what the heck I'll reach out to Bob at NHC to see if its possible to have my AAC converted into a Firehawk. I was very happy to learn that it is possible. we went back and forth with emails confirming exactly what I wanted and how I wanted it to look with a quoted time frame of a six month turn around time. I thought why not that AAC just sits there anyway so off it went! At the six month mark I reached out to Bob to learn that they like many other fire arms makers in this time were back logged and were running behind. I was told to check back in a month or so, and I did and I was told the same thing. I consider myself a reasonable and patient man and I especially appreciate the kindness and professionalism that NHC really stands for. But after a year wait I began to wonder if my gun would ever get done. I am happy to report after one year and 80 days exactly I am the proud owner of a new NHC Firehawk!

My first impressions out of the box of course was WOW the finish looks amazing, and after a trip to my range as Bob told me before it shipped "it shoots lights out" the recoil is non existent and the accuracy is really good. My only complaint isn't about the gun its about my expectations of how I ordered it. I ordered it with the Bob Marvel cuts on the slide. What i wanted is the front serrations to go on to the barrel port and the slide my thought was if it did that possibly the line/transition between the slide and barrel would be concealed a bit better but as you can see in the photos it is not like that. And in fact in the photos you can see that the cuts are not like the cuts on my marvel but are similar. this is not what I ordered. Will it bother me, maybe a little but as it sits it is a little more unique without those extra lines in those serrations so I say oh well it is what it is.

In conclusion would I do it all over again? That answer is not likely, What I would have preferred is walking into my LGS with my AAC that i never shot and traded it in on the Firehawk that they had in stock, the problem is that never happened this model is rarely seen out in the wild and for good reason its an amazing piece that anyone would appreciate. So in that breath I likely would do it again. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it and let me know what you think of the photos
Black Air gun Trigger Style Line
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun accessory Metal
Composite material Gun accessory Air gun Trigger Automotive exterior
Watch accessory Gas Jewellery Machine Font
Automotive lighting Tool Auto part Telephony Bumper
Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Titanium Metal
Automotive tire Rim Composite material Gas Automotive wheel system
Rectangle Tints and shades Office equipment Gadget Office supplies
Office equipment Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Laptop accessory
Stairs Grille Rectangle Automotive exterior Wood

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,611 Posts
I'll give you three-fitty :unsure:

I like it, it looks wicked accurate and must be soft shooting so i'd get a light on it and make it your nightstand/house gun ;)

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
looks great. I don’t think it would look good, nor be functional, if they placed the front serrations onto the port as you wanted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is a really nice build... congrats! I'm not so sure you would like cocking serrations on the comp for anything other than looks. That baby will be HOT after a mag or two and you don't want your fingers tempted to grab there!!! :cool: I think it looks great knowing there is a comp on it.

·
Cav Troopers Dad
1,375 Posts
That looks great. I’m hoping my Kestrel I’m having some changes made to doesn’t hit the year mark but realize it could.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
born in the wrong century
6,152 Posts
Serrations on the comp ?

Reactions: FWoo45

·
Registered
833 Posts
The Fire Hawk makes double tapping steel (with tighter groups) very fast.
Mines got the IOS cut. It's a keeper!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Gunsgirlsgold How do you like the smoke Nitride finish?
It’s beautiful, I had an old Kimber that came with a nitride finish. I carried it a lot over the years I’ve since sold it to a buddy every time I see it I’m glad it’s with him. The finish on it now that it’s worn is very much like the smoke nitride finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,216 Posts
Agree that the FCS on the port would maybe blend it a tad better, but would actually be counterproductive considering what they are intended for. I think you're better off as it is.
Love my FireHawk. only regret is that I should have gotten it with a rail. But, that's why I've got a FireHawk doublestack on order from them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agree that the FCS on the port would maybe blend it a tad better, but would actually be counterproductive considering what they are intended for. I think you're better off as it is.
Love my FireHawk. only regret is that I should have gotten it with a rail. But, that's why I've got a FireHawk doublestack on order from them.
Let’s see pic of your fire hawk! What caliber is yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts