Picked up ANOTHER one today...

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Trent, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Well I was at Sooner State Pawn with a buddy of mine, and they had just gotten in a few CM9s... Tommy made me an offer I couldn't refuse! LOL!!! Honestly, I had been looking for a nice small 9mm. to carry...

[​IMG]

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I've heard good things about those.. Ron

3. Trent

Aug 15, 2011
    I have a friend with one, and he loves it...

4. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Nice, man you have been on a roll, let's see how many more before the end of November!

Mike

5. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    How much is a deal you can't refuse? If you don't mind me asking.

6. Trent

Aug 15, 2011
    Well......... I told the wife I wouldn't buy anymore until after Christmas was over, BUT if I find something I really have to have or can't pass up, I may have to break that promise...

7. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I shot a kahr .45. It had a really long trigger pull, but it was smooth. I liked it. Looks like you made a good choice.

8. carljc72

carljc72 1911's & Gunleather Supporting Addict

Sep 27, 2011
    very nice. I only find the good deals when my pockets are empty.

9. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Very Nice...
    I've had my eye on a LNIB CW40 ... the guy wants 350 for it... I'm very tempted...
    Let us know how it shoots....

10. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Congrats. If you get one that runs, those are a great value for the money.

11. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    So they aren't reliable? I was going to pick one up as well...?

12. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Never owned a polymer Kahr, but the the K9 and K40 I own have been great guns.

13. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I have had a K9 for about 3 yrs.It has ate every brand of 9mm ammo without a single bobble.

My experience has been with the steel Kahr's and not the polymer models.I do have a customer that carries a polymer framed Kahr and has had no reliability issues with it(it's a .40 ).

But there has been a history of issues with the early polymer framed guns.

DAT85

14. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Polymer Kahrs are great weapons - if they run right. There is a lot of documentation of them being somewhat hit/miss.
    I have owned four. Two of them required a trip back to Kahr, and one of those two never ran right after 3 trips back to Kahr. They exchanged me with a brand new gun.

I have two steel Kahrs that are PERFECT. Like the guns, like the company and they give good service if you should have to use it. But the polymer models (especially the micro sized ones) give me pause given my experience.

15. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    I bought a PM40 when they first came out. Fired six rounds through it and the mag release failed ! The mag would not come out of the gun. I took it back to the shop I bought it from to have the in house smith look at it. He could not get the mag out. The owner gave me a refund .

16. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I had one of these at some point in time... starting to figure out I buy and sell too much.. it was a good gun to carry. I didn't like the trigger but it was okay for a carry gun.

I never had any issues but didn't keep it all that long either. Congrats on the great carry gun.

17. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats Trent. :thumb: Those are sweet little guns. I've liked all the Kahr's that I've handled.

18. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    CW40 held my britches up for a while. Good gun with no issues. Snappy recoil but I get off on that kind of thing.

Enjoy it Trent. CM series is promising.

19. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    MOST issues are due to not running the 300 rounds to settle them in. They run like animals and are more accurate than anything I've shot in a barrel that short and a 9mm inside. But they do have a big job to do, just out of the box you are hit or miss, but you break it in and it should settle right down.

20. Trent

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks guys! I am pretty excited to see how it shoots and runs. The CM series is only like 6 months old, so it should be really fun learning the gun.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted