1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I was little my Grandfather always talked about his beloved Python he carried when he was a federal agent. It was a blued 4” and he took the original grips off and put rubber grips on it. He sold it in the 80s regretfully.

i recently came across a new one in 4.25” for MSRP and figured now was the time. I received it today and I’m extremely happy with it. I called my grandfather; he’s 85 now, and let him know what I just got. I can tell he got excited! Tomorrow, I’m going to pick him up and take him to the range to shoot it to his hearts content. He still has his original grips; he wants to see if they’ll fit the new one so we’ll see tomorrow. Made sure to write down important dates on the manual for future 😊
White Trigger Air gun Line Finger
Air gun Trigger Gas Gun accessory Gun barrel
Automotive tire Bumper Gas Wood Machine

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ever since I was little my Grandfather always talked about his beloved Python he carried when he was a federal agent. It was a blued 4” and he took the original grips off and put rubber grips on it. He sold it in the 80s regretfully.

i recently came across a new one in 4.25” for MSRP and figured now was the time. I received it today and I’m extremely happy with it. I called my grandfather; he’s 85 now, and let him know what I just got. I can tell he got excited! Tomorrow, I’m going to pick him up and take him to the range to shoot it to his hearts content. He still has his original grips; he wants to see if they’ll fit the new one so we’ll see tomorrow. Made sure to write down important dates on the manual for future 😊 View attachment 824617 View attachment 824616 View attachment 824615
Bring a screw driver to adjust sight. Mine was off a few turns and once I dialed it in she was spot on !
I bought the same one and swore I would get the 6" but when they were in front of me and I had first dibs it was tough to decide. The 4" just made more sense for me because I know that would be the one I'd shoot more and if I liked it that much I'll get the 6". After having it I go back and forth on should I wait for a blued or get the same or ? Either way I love mine and after reading about how they improved it with so many less parts in the trigger it's a winner in my eyes.
nothing wrong with any older Python but being around to buy one brand new from a dealer at the store is a great feeling. Just like it was for the past many years of Python ownership.
enjoy and congrats.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congratulations!! I picked up a 6" exactly one month ago for $50 over MSRP. Really enjoy shooting it! I also have a 1981 8" blued that I inherited from my Dad.

Looking forward to hearing what your Grandfather has to say after shooting it!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.