1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Codename Duchess
3,775 Posts
Oh, wow. Congrats! I'd love to pick one up sometime but they aren't cheap. Considering my P226 SAO Legion can shoot under 1" groups at 25 yards I can only imagine how accurate an X-Five is!

·
NRA Life Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I was finally able to get the Sig X-Five to the range today (went with my 14-year old son--which is always good).

My overall impression is extremely positive. I really like the looks of the pistol--with the stainless steel, nill grips, and almost 50 oz empty, it makes an impression. It feels very good and substantial in the hand.

The trigger is very nice--light pull, crisp break, not much travel, and good reset. And it's a tack driver--she shoots where you point her (smooth shooting with very little muzzle flip).

Here are a few pics from the range trip today (lighting was poor--so the phone pics aren't very good).

X-Five with its fellow German P7M8

FullSizeRender (22).jpg

Sphinx 2000 and obligatory 1911 pic--TGO-1

FullSizeRender (23).jpg

·
born in the wrong century
5,264 Posts
Very nice.

You are going to really grow to love that one. Sweet, sweet Springer, too.

Reactions: Stentor

·
NRA Life Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I was able to shoot the Sig X-Five again yesterday. I continue to be very pleased with the pistol--it's a "keeper."

This was a magazine of 18 rounds from seven yards (solid grouping except for the few flyers).
InkedInkedFullSizeRender (24)_LI.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts