1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come to the realization that I want (need) one of Rob's beauties. I keep going over the website and the decision becomes no clearer so I NEED HELP!!!!! In more than one way.....I know.
1. I know I want a Prime.
2. Rear sight adj Novak (like to dial it to my eyesight), ft sight ? like a dot (just what I'm used to).
3 Trigger medium at least, need to try a long (may fit one in one of my current ones to see).
4. Grips will depend on finish.
5. Extended magwell -convince me- most likely depends on gun, will be a range gun 99.9%.
6. Better than 1" at 25 yds.
7. Std slide stop for easier take down HRT convince me.
8. Flush cut barrel.
9. Std safety.
10. No ball cuts.
11. I like a clean slide, but I really do like his roll marks- convince me ( leaning this way).
12. FINISH!!! so torn here.

I really like the charcoal blued model, very sharp, classy looking especially with the American Holly grips. Would love to see one in in hand, that would seal the deal I think. Just wonder about toughness of finish or refinish ability if scratched or marred. And do I do a different finish on the control/small parts? Charcoal blue is what I am leaning towards but I will listen to a good argument.

Two tone blue slide over hard chrome frame with black/blue controls/small parts. A classic look I like very much. This is a very close second.

Straight blued. Timed tested classic look. Love his blueing but this is probably the most popular way they come and I would have no reservations about picking up a second hand one

Pics of any of their pistols are appreciated and personal experience with the finishes/options will also be very helpful.
Just trying to make sure I have no "why didn't I" or "damn why did I get that" after I pull this trigger. I want to get on his list soon so I will get it this year.

Thanks in advance for the enabling.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no markings on your slide at all, was that an option or just they way the earlier ones were made? I do like his roll marks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went back and forth about having a naked slide as I do like the roll marks, they remind me of some of the emblems seen on cars from the 50s. I figured with how clean the pistol looks with the classic styling to leave it bare to admire the beauty.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Here’s mine I went with a prime, gold bead front sight that was my only extra.
It’s sporting hogue rubber grips in these pics most forgiving if bumped etc at work, it's a low serial # and is carried and shot. Got its first scuff at the addicts shoot last year and that’s a good thing

HRT/fbi nub etc. my take it cleans up the lines of the pistol
Great comparison TRoller has it on his mine does not I should have had it done!

These are great pistols however you spec it.
Gun Brown Brick Firearm Trigger
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Ammunition

·
Premium Member
5,048 Posts
D-DUDE
Just another opinion and how I would order it. Opinions? Just like A*******, everybody has one.

#3. If you have large/ex. large hands, you'll enjoy the long trigger, I do.

#5. Magwell for sure, it just looks classy hiding part of the silver magazine.

#6. Depends on how good you are shooting. For me I would never realize the benefit.

#7, #8, & #9. Most definitely for sure.

#10. I like ball cuts.

#11. I also like clean slides. I would have their logo at the rear of the slide on both sides.

#12. I'm really liking the charcoal blue but I'm a huge fan of industrial Hard Chrome. I'd have to debate on this awhile.

Good luck brother! BTW, Not mentioned is the caliber. Mine would be 38 superB for sure.

JD - BCD 45

·
Registered
300 Posts
That all sounds good, except I personally love the look of ball cuts. Charcoal blue is beautiful, but I don’t think it’s as durable as regular bluing. I’d love a Prime myself, but the fact that they don’t offer a BoMar style rear sight is a deal breaker for me. I don’t get why it’s not an option.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I got mine from a member here, I changed the grips and front sight. It's go to go now, I carry this pistol daily now. If I was to order another one the only thing I would change is make it 38 super.

Gun Firearm Trigger Tan Metal

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BCD it will be .45. If I do the charcoal blue it won't be carried, just a range, BBQ pistol.

·
Premium Member
5,048 Posts
Hey Dandy Dude,
WHATCHA think about these thoughts & comments? And I forgot, it would be a Prime Elite for sure. I almost ordered a Prime Elite, complete Hard Chromed with the trigger, barrel, & all other small parts DLC (if they will do it) or Charcoal Blue. I think it would be awesome.

BTW, the reason I didn't is that I bought War Party's Bench Mark 10mm.

Jim D. - BCD 45

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
I can't opine yet.... But will soon enough.
I have a previously fondled .45 Carry on its way to me as we speak. (type) I have a Prime Elite .38s waiting to be birthed. I will certainly report back here on them both.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BCD
I think the charcoal blue for my cherry popping, since it will be a range, BBQ type. Then onto the next. I spoke with Rob about a two tone Charcoal blue with a hard chrome frame, don't think the contrast would be enough to set each finish off from the other. I am also contemplating regular blueing on the controls to set them off or a matte DLC like you suggested.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mr Collector,
Please give your thoughts and pics of your incoming pieces. This will be very helpful, plus I see from your switch to .38S on the Elite I can change, add until the production commences.

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
Well............... I got to touch my very first Alchemy Hardware today. I must say that those who have posted about ACW's fine finish and craftsmanship were accurate... IMO.
The Carry .45 I received today has been posted here a couple of times. It is near flawless. (less the finger indents in the grips.... no doubt from over squeezing when they weren't sure they wanted to let it go) ;)
I'm very much looking forward to the delivery of my ordered Prime Elite. While this Carry has a naked slide and looks good in its nothingness, I want to see if the roll marks on mine are going to look just as nice.
***Special thanks to @ZoidMeister whose display stand makes the gun look that much better***

Brown Gun Tan Trigger Composite material
Shadow Cylinder Revolver Still life photography Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Tan Gun accessory
Line Cylinder Gun accessory Trigger Air gun
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Line

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She's a beauty sir, I like the shorter slide sans the roll marks. Full size slide I like so this still has me on the fence for roll marks. Love his blueing also, this is what holds me up now is the finish.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well............... I got to touch my very first Alchemy Hardware today. I must say that those who have posted about ACW's fine finish and craftsmanship were accurate... IMO.
The Carry .45 I received today has been posted here a couple of times. It is near flawless. (less the finger indents in the grips.... no doubt from over squeezing when they weren't sure they wanted to let it go) ;)
I'm very much looking forward to the delivery of my ordered Prime Elite. While this Carry has a naked slide and looks good in its nothingness, I want to see if the roll marks on mine are going to look just as nice.
***Special thanks to @ZoidMeister whose display stand makes the gun look that much better***

View attachment 410091 View attachment 410093 View attachment 410095 View attachment 410097 View attachment 410099
Is that different colors for slide and frane?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
FWIW, I ordered a Prime Elite with short trigger and ball cuts. Everything else was left stock: gold bead front sight, U notch ACW rear, blued finish, etc. I hope to have it sometime this spring. The Tritium front sight is practical, but putting a tritium front sight on a blued ACW just felt like wearing velcro sneakers with a suit.

If you decide to go with an extended magwell and the other options you list, you may as well get the Prime Elite.

If you have a lot of flush fit mags sitting around, you might NOT want an extended magwell.

Reactions: gps man and DWdude
1 - 20 of 48 Posts