1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to the realization that I want (need) one of Rob's beauties. I keep going over the website and the decision becomes no clearer so I NEED HELP!!!!! In more than one way.....I know.
1. I know I want a Prime.
2. Rear sight adj Novak (like to dial it to my eyesight), ft sight ? like a dot (just what I'm used to).
3 Trigger medium at least, need to try a long (may fit one in one of my current ones to see).
4. Grips will depend on finish.
5. Extended magwell -convince me- most likely depends on gun, will be a range gun 99.9%.
6. Better than 1" at 25 yds.
7. Std slide stop for easier take down HRT convince me.
8. Flush cut barrel.
9. Std safety.
10. No ball cuts.
11. I like a clean slide, but I really do like his roll marks- convince me ( leaning this way).
12. FINISH!!! so torn here.

I really like the charcoal blued model, very sharp, classy looking especially with the American Holly grips. Would love to see one in in hand, that would seal the deal I think. Just wonder about toughness of finish or refinish ability if scratched or marred. And do I do a different finish on the control/small parts? Charcoal blue is what I am leaning towards but I will listen to a good argument.

Two tone blue slide over hard chrome frame with black/blue controls/small parts. A classic look I like very much. This is a very close second.

Straight blued. Timed tested classic look. Love his blueing but this is probably the most popular way they come and I would have no reservations about picking up a second hand one

Pics of any of their pistols are appreciated and personal experience with the finishes/options will also be very helpful.
Just trying to make sure I have no "why didn't I" or "damn why did I get that" after I pull this trigger. I want to get on his list soon so I will get it this year.

Thanks in advance for the enabling.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no markings on your slide at all, was that an option or just they way the earlier ones were made? I do like his roll marks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went back and forth about having a naked slide as I do like the roll marks, they remind me of some of the emblems seen on cars from the 50s. I figured with how clean the pistol looks with the classic styling to leave it bare to admire the beauty.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Here’s mine I went with a prime, gold bead front sight that was my only extra.
It’s sporting hogue rubber grips in these pics most forgiving if bumped etc at work, it's a low serial # and is carried and shot. Got its first scuff at the addicts shoot last year and that’s a good thing

HRT/fbi nub etc. my take it cleans up the lines of the pistol
Great comparison TRoller has it on his mine does not I should have had it done!

These are great pistols however you spec it.
4CA98D26-FA61-42D6-BF72-E2C2DC355281.jpeg
DA026508-FAC5-47F1-9E29-0F57D14C8940.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
D-DUDE
Just another opinion and how I would order it. Opinions? Just like A*******, everybody has one.

#3. If you have large/ex. large hands, you'll enjoy the long trigger, I do.

#5. Magwell for sure, it just looks classy hiding part of the silver magazine.

#6. Depends on how good you are shooting. For me I would never realize the benefit.

#7, #8, & #9. Most definitely for sure.

#10. I like ball cuts.

#11. I also like clean slides. I would have their logo at the rear of the slide on both sides.

#12. I'm really liking the charcoal blue but I'm a huge fan of industrial Hard Chrome. I'd have to debate on this awhile.

Good luck brother! BTW, Not mentioned is the caliber. Mine would be 38 superB for sure.

JD - BCD 45

·
Registered
264 Posts
That all sounds good, except I personally love the look of ball cuts. Charcoal blue is beautiful, but I don’t think it’s as durable as regular bluing. I’d love a Prime myself, but the fact that they don’t offer a BoMar style rear sight is a deal breaker for me. I don’t get why it’s not an option.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I got mine from a member here, I changed the grips and front sight. It's go to go now, I carry this pistol daily now. If I was to order another one the only thing I would change is make it 38 super.

IMG_20191102_144800976.jpg

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BCD it will be .45. If I do the charcoal blue it won't be carried, just a range, BBQ pistol.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Hey Dandy Dude,
WHATCHA think about these thoughts & comments? And I forgot, it would be a Prime Elite for sure. I almost ordered a Prime Elite, complete Hard Chromed with the trigger, barrel, & all other small parts DLC (if they will do it) or Charcoal Blue. I think it would be awesome.

BTW, the reason I didn't is that I bought War Party's Bench Mark 10mm.

Jim D. - BCD 45

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
I can't opine yet.... But will soon enough.
I have a previously fondled .45 Carry on its way to me as we speak. (type) I have a Prime Elite .38s waiting to be birthed. I will certainly report back here on them both.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BCD
I think the charcoal blue for my cherry popping, since it will be a range, BBQ type. Then onto the next. I spoke with Rob about a two tone Charcoal blue with a hard chrome frame, don't think the contrast would be enough to set each finish off from the other. I am also contemplating regular blueing on the controls to set them off or a matte DLC like you suggested.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr Collector,
Please give your thoughts and pics of your incoming pieces. This will be very helpful, plus I see from your switch to .38S on the Elite I can change, add until the production commences.

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Well............... I got to touch my very first Alchemy Hardware today. I must say that those who have posted about ACW's fine finish and craftsmanship were accurate... IMO.
The Carry .45 I received today has been posted here a couple of times. It is near flawless. (less the finger indents in the grips.... no doubt from over squeezing when they weren't sure they wanted to let it go) ;)
I'm very much looking forward to the delivery of my ordered Prime Elite. While this Carry has a naked slide and looks good in its nothingness, I want to see if the roll marks on mine are going to look just as nice.
***Special thanks to @ZoidMeister whose display stand makes the gun look that much better***

IMG_3490 (2).jpg
IMG_3491 (2).jpg
IMG_3492 (2).jpg
IMG_3493 (2).jpg
IMG_3495 (2).jpg

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She's a beauty sir, I like the shorter slide sans the roll marks. Full size slide I like so this still has me on the fence for roll marks. Love his blueing also, this is what holds me up now is the finish.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well............... I got to touch my very first Alchemy Hardware today. I must say that those who have posted about ACW's fine finish and craftsmanship were accurate... IMO.
The Carry .45 I received today has been posted here a couple of times. It is near flawless. (less the finger indents in the grips.... no doubt from over squeezing when they weren't sure they wanted to let it go) ;)
I'm very much looking forward to the delivery of my ordered Prime Elite. While this Carry has a naked slide and looks good in its nothingness, I want to see if the roll marks on mine are going to look just as nice.
***Special thanks to @ZoidMeister whose display stand makes the gun look that much better***

View attachment 410091 View attachment 410093 View attachment 410095 View attachment 410097 View attachment 410099
Is that different colors for slide and frane?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
FWIW, I ordered a Prime Elite with short trigger and ball cuts. Everything else was left stock: gold bead front sight, U notch ACW rear, blued finish, etc. I hope to have it sometime this spring. The Tritium front sight is practical, but putting a tritium front sight on a blued ACW just felt like wearing velcro sneakers with a suit.

If you decide to go with an extended magwell and the other options you list, you may as well get the Prime Elite.

If you have a lot of flush fit mags sitting around, you might NOT want an extended magwell.

Reactions: gps man and DWdude
1 - 20 of 48 Posts