Picture of my new Sig 1911 .22!!!!

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Rob Alderman, Nov 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Rob Alderman

Rob Alderman Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Soooooo, what do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Rob Alderman

Rob Alderman Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm not sure why it won't let me upload a better picture of it...

3. asiparks

asiparks Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I might as well say it before someone else does...
    " there's a gun in the picture ??"

4. Rob Alderman

Rob Alderman Member

Oct 24, 2011
  5. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Rob, you're dressed like a chick. :lol:

Andy

6. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    :pound:

7. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Great guns to plink with. I have had the gsg since they came out. Love mine.
    [​IMG]

8. Rob Alderman

Rob Alderman Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Correction, Andy. I'm dressed like a HOT chick. :)

9. asiparks

asiparks Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Well, that how it appears in a small photo....

10. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    hahaha, our first drag-queen on the forum...

11. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I bet it is such a proud day for Trent and Quack, ahhh progression.

12. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011

And who says we aren't opened minded!! :animlol:

Rob,give us a range report.

My shop just got 2 more in and I might have to buy one of these suckers if I don't grab a Marvel conversion.

DAT85

13. Rob Alderman

Rob Alderman Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Prelim Range Report-

Ok folks, here you go. I want to start by saying that I am in no way a range expert. I shoot often, but in a recreational capacity only, so if this report isn't helpful, forgive me and look elsewhere...

I took the Sig 1911 .22 out yesterday and put around 200 rounds through it from various distances, but primarily at 10-15 yards.

FEEDING- The gun performed beautifully until I idiotically loaded it with some Winchester uncoated rounds. I wanted to see if it could feed crappy ammo, and guess what? The answer is NO. It misfed every round. But with the Remington coated, the gun performed beautifully, only misfiring once in 150 rounds.

CONSTRUCTION- I've been looking at 1911 .22's pretty seriously lately, and the Sig was the first one that I thought had a solid construction from fit to finish. It's as solid as my primary carry firearm, a Colt Defender. Of course it is lighter, but the finish is VERY nice. I'll post some pics of it here shortly. It's a GI model and as soon as I picked the gun up, felt how solid it was and ejected the METAL clip, I knew it was going home with me.

BALANCE- The gun seems to balance very well, but I'm not a super good judge since my only other real experience is with the shorter Defender. I have very large hands (I'm 6'3, 300pounds) and the gun felt very good to me.

ACCURACY- It's too soon to really tell, but off the cuff, I shot low on every shot. I really had to adjust to get on target. Once I adjusted, I was grouping shots in a space of about 5 inches, which for me is really good, but for an expert is kind of a joke.

OVERALL IMPRESSION- All in all, I really like the gun. I wish I had a full .45 that was exactly like it. It seems like a good deal on a solid firearm and I'll really enjoy shooting it often and saving tons on ammo.

Hope that helps!

14. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Push to test, release to detonate

Aug 17, 2011
    Correct me here if I am wrong.. but I believe that the Sig 1911 .22 is just a rebranded GSG.. or at least that is what the counter clerk at the lgs lead me to believe.. still want to get one tho as it is cost comparable to a .22 upper.

15. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Yep same gun.

DAT85

16. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Push to test, release to detonate

Aug 17, 2011
    Is the Sig model more $$ in comparison?

17. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    I have the GSG and it has been a great gun so far. 3,000+ rds. Fun plinker and a gun that a newb can learn how to replace parts on as so many parts can be upgraded. Here's mine.
    [​IMG]

18. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    It is the same gun that you pay more money for. Does come with nicer grips but that is all.

19. Rob Alderman

Rob Alderman Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I looked at the GSG when I was first started looking. The Sig seemed like a little nicer finish, but pretty much the same. I'm no expert though.

20. jakebrake

jakebrake middle aged white guy

Mar 27, 2013
    they are the same. to the poster who has a gsg and loves it, i'm glad...I am the other side of the coin with gsg.

when the firing pin breaks (and, it will) you'll see why.

oh, and when it happens, call gsg to order replacements. don't look online, just call them.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted