Pistol Annie Goes to School

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot, Jan 16, 2019.

1. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    Well, I'm the one going to school but Pistol Annie has decided to go with me. How cool is that?

Yep, Annie has signed up to take a 5-day basic gunsmithing class with me in April. I registered a while back for a few classes, but Annie was "Eh, I dunno. I'll think about it."

Last week she wanted some Trijicon sights installed on her Walther. She bought them on Amazon. She called her gun club to make an appt with the gunsmith. "Uh, we don't have a gunsmith anymore," she was told.

"Install them yourself," I said.

She called a LGS from which she has purchased several guns. "Uh, we don't know how to work on no Walthers," she was told.

"WTF?! Install them yourself!" I said. "Here. Here's a youtube link."

"I don't have a hex wrench small enough."

"Stop it! Stop it! You're killing me..."

Cut to three days later, at shooting range. Annie has installed the sights herself, taken the gun to the range and zero'd it at 15 yards.

"I love it. It's great! These are just what I was looking for! When is that basic gunsmithing class you're gonna take?"

Me:

Bonus episode: Back in the '70s and '80s Annie used to make some jewelry and do some engraving/etching on glass and metal. She has now decided that she will take a 2-week firearms engraving class at the end of July. She's always had a knack for precision/artistry sort of stuff. I can't wait to see what she can do with it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

xerts1191, Fred_G, xTeleDude and 11 others like this.
  2. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    You have a jewel of a woman there TWF!

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot likes this.

3. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    You lucky dog! Fine lady you have there. I can't get my wife to go to the range with me. I try to tell her that she will have fun and it's something we can do together. Maybe that's why she won't go??? ;)

4. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    That is so awesome !!!

5. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    Now that's funny!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Dude, you be in a heap of trouble . . . . . .

Pandora's box.jpeg

Bully, Fred_G and TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted