Pistol Dynamics Blog Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spec, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Spec

Spec Member

Feb 1, 2020
    Shared from Pistol Dynamics' website

Update from Paul - 2/3/2020
    To PD Products/Pistol Dynamics Customers:

Because of ‘life changing’ occurrences of 2019 specifically as it relates to the disruptions caused by an egregious cyber attack on PD Products LLC and Pistol Dynamics, together with a second, more destructive and malicious on-line attack on my wife and me personally on forums such as 1911 Addicts, the company has to reevaluate it’s future as a supplier of custom guns and any involvement in the gun industry as a whole.

The company’s commitment to current in-house customers remains firm and resolute but we have had to make some changes. These changes include having to carefully re-map what work remains to be completed and how to get there in the most efficient and effective manner. The number of remaining units to be completed is not unmanageable assuming I’m left free to do them.

We are focusing on current in-house orders. I am not accepting any new one-off Signature handguns or Heirloom projects through PD Products/Pistol Dynamics until this backlog is complete and could discontinue that service entirely in the future.

The intent now is to prioritize completing all projects currently in house as well as other associated matters. I am fully committed to these efforts and it means more full days, weeks and months ahead and you as a Pistol Dynamics customer can help by keeping me ‘on the bench’.

There is no short cut to hand making a 1911 pistol. I will not deviate from what it takes to make this functioning piece of art and my commitment to it is as unwavering as it was when I started in this industry almost 45 years ago - no matter what you read on the Internet.

To those who have supported my family and me through these difficult times, I thank you.

2. Autonomous

Autonomous Turgid member

Jan 14, 2019
    Was he typing with a mouth full of mush?

3. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    Moved to off-topic

4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
  5. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    I know he took a pretty good beating on the internet . Especially , from people with no investment or any first hand knowledge . Kinda like democrats at the impeachment . LOL

6. Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian Pigtails and butter please...

Dec 9, 2013
  7. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    I have tried on a couple occasions to deal with him and even met him in person after which I was firmly convinced he was the south end of a north bound horse. That's just me of course.

Dub, WC145, Hardway and 22 others like this.
  8. Mack01

Mack01 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 26, 2019
    I'm sure I will regret this, so flame suit on. If anyone is in the Pacific Northwest would like the opportunity to review one of Paul's pistols, please let me know. I have a recent build in hand and would be willing to meet someone at the range.

I personally have waited for one of his 1911s and I am very pleased with the results.

I reside on the Washington/Idaho border and frequent Center Target in Post Falls. To be fair, I would want a meet and greet before I hand over any of my weapons and we may need an RO involved, but I am sure I could reach an agreement with any reasonable individual.

salelcid likes this.
  9. Autonomous

Autonomous Turgid member

Jan 14, 2019
    If he was just a run of the mill hack we would not see this passion about his business difficulties.
    The frustrating thing is that he is a world class gunsmith and with all of that talent has allowed himself to wallow in the pig poop.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    WC145, Robbob45, Glock2740 and 3 others like this.
  10. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    This otta be good...!

Dub, simonp and UBOATDOC like this.
  11. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Decided to stay out of the cesspool.....removed my previous comment

FWoo45 likes this.
  12. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Pretty bold move calling out the greatest 1911 forum on the net.

WC145, Glanoril, Whiten and 8 others like this.
  13. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I'll just say... in on 1.

FWoo45 likes this.
  14. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Think about this: The evaluation on this forum has made him decide to reevaluate his business model.

Well done, Addicts.

Dub, WC145, BR549er and 17 others like this.
  15. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014

Sounds to me that you've got a very accurate compass there Joni Lynn . . . . .

Dub, WC145, UBOATDOC and 4 others like this.
  16. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Let me condense that down a bit.

“Due to my poor business decisions, lack of communication with my customers and slow delivery of finished projects I may need to actually work.”

That guy is a fool.

Dub, WC145, Hardway and 12 others like this.
  17. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Meh......the female prostate cancer claim set the stage for their own train wreck. The writing has been on the wall for about a decade.

Dub, WC145, UBOATDOC and 5 others like this.
  18. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    Plain English Translations

Because of ‘life changing’ occurrences of 2019 specifically as it relates to the disruptions caused by an egregious cyber attack on PD Products LLC and Pistol Dynamics, together with a second, more destructive and malicious on-line attack on my wife and me personally on forums such as 1911 Addicts, the company has to reevaluate it’s future as a supplier of custom guns and any involvement in the gun industry as a whole.

Because we got called out on the internet on our lack of commitment to our existing customers, spending our time taking new business on over completing existing paid for projects, we have been forced to re-evaluate taking on new work.

The company’s commitment to current in-house customers remains firm and resolute but we have had to make some changes. These changes include having to carefully re-map what work remains to be completed and how to get there in the most efficient and effective manner. The number of remaining units to be completed is not unmanageable assuming I’m left free to do them.

We acknowledge that we owe guns to more folks than we can count. Our "re-prioritization" strategy is to start with clients who have essentially given up on getting their guns or who haven't called us even if they haven't heard from us in over five years. Complainers and those who insist on bothering us year after year go to the back of the line - regardless on how old their order is.

We are focusing on current in-house orders. I am not accepting any new one-off Signature handguns or Heirloom projects through PD Products/Pistol Dynamics until this backlog is complete and could discontinue that service entirely in the future.

Our lawyers have advised us that we better not take on any new work in the midst of this self induced log jam until it is cleared up. We reserve the right to "discontinue" the service of providing guns in the future in the event of the ultimate death of the maker. Otherwise, it might take that long to get these guns produced.

The intent now is to prioritize completing all projects currently in house as well as other associated matters. I am fully committed to these efforts and it means more full days, weeks and months ahead and you as a Pistol Dynamics customer can help by keeping me ‘on the bench’.

I have been advised that I better get busy finishing my commitments. No more "extended vacation" or "sick leave" until my contracts are fulfilled - even if that means working nearly 40 hours a week to do it. If you keep calling me every other year or so about whether your gun is close to being completed, I may never get it done.

There is no short cut to hand making a 1911 pistol. I will not deviate from what it takes to make this functioning piece of art and my commitment to it is as unwavering as it was when I started in this industry almost 45 years ago - no matter what you read on the Internet.

We won't change how we make our product, mainly because we cannot afford to pay for additional help. I am older and slower than I was back in the 1970's, get used to that.

To those who have supported my family and me through these difficult times, I thank you.

Even though my wife survived MY bout with prostate cancer, I trudge on. I refused to let it be known that it was MY prostate cancer because many of you wouldn't have given us additional deposits and payments over the past decade if you had known. I will continue working on the guns of those of you who aren't incessant complainers, who kept sending funds above and beyond our original agreements, and who "bought" my stories of unreliable gun finishers. The rest of you, can go piss on a rock . . . . . . .

Paul

19. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    I Interpreted it slightly different, as in now I realize wire fraud and fed time are very real and scary so now I will actually do the work I was paid for...

I also wonder why he used the term “assuming I’m free to”.

Robbob45, Mike Meints, FWoo45 and 4 others like this.
  20. barmandr

barmandr SHEEPLE HERDER Supporting Addict

Oct 11, 2011
    This is interpreted as "assuming I'm not incarcerated for everything."

Robbob45, SCS1911, FWoo45 and 6 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted