1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
619 Posts
I got an Ed Brown you can scoop up, but the PD you’re gonna have to buy from my kids....when I’m dead.
It's a certainly a nice looking Brown; though, headed in a different direction with my pursuits.

Is Pistol Dynamics/Paul Liebenberg still taking on work?

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
How long did it take to get the build complete? Gorgeous pistol. Does he build anything in 38 Super?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
How long did it take to get the build complete? Gorgeous pistol. Does he build anything in 38 Super?
Paul builds guns at “his pace.” You gotta be ok with waiting a long time with minimal communication. The result is a top quality highly engineered firearm.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Claudio Salassa at Briley worked with Paul in South Africa. They are both fantastic pistol smiths.

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Paul builds guns at “his pace.” You gotta be ok with waiting a long time with minimal communication. The result is a top quality highly engineered firearm.
"His pace" is an understatement. Minimal communication is spot ON.
I have a Scout that I sent back for extra customizing, and while I won't take away from his abilities as a gunsmith, his personal communication skills suck ass.
I will say that the end product was pretty damn good, but the bull:poop: I had to endure, during the process was the absolute worst that I've ever been associated with on a custom build, and I have been associated with quite a few custom builds.
Just my $.02, which is all it's worth, but I've been there and done that and know what I speak of.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I was being more diplomatic...but you said it more plainly. Paul doesn’t communicate (at all) and he takes years (plural) to finish a gun. It’s nerve racking and at most points along the way you feel like you’ve been had. You google Pistol Dynamics and see A LOT threads denoting actions and lawsuits from angry customers. Then one day, out of the blue, your gun shows up. I wouldn’t do it again, but I’m glad I have this one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts