Pistol Dynamics Update

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Alpina9, Aug 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpina9

Alpina9 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2015
    I wish to update this forum on a subject that has been the source of a great deal of consternation for many of us. Several of us who have builds underway at Pistol Dynamics (many of which are paid in full) were contacted by someone (via text and email) claiming to be Paul Liebenberg asking for more money to be wired. We were convinced we were being frauded and we were further convinced it was Paul because the person contacting us knew everything about the pistols we had ordered. It ends up that PD was the victim of a sophisticated cyber attack. We investigated thoroughly and one of our members flew down to Florida today and visited Paul’s shop. The shop was up and running and our guns were all there being built. I wish to publicly apologize to Mr. Liebenberg for the assertion he was practicing fraudulent business practices. I never dreamed that the person contacting us was a Nigerian Prince, but it appears that this is exactly what happened. Mr. Liebenberg is legend in the pistol smithing world, and he deserved better. He deserved the benefit of doubt. I can’t take back what unfolded on this forum but what I can do is try to make it right. I would ask that the moderator of this forum delete the previous thread from the internet forever.

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Wow, we need additional details

WC145 likes this.

3. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Well that is a plot twist and a half...

SCS1911 and WC145 like this.
  4. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    We've been getting hit with similar Phishing attacks at work. An attacker poses as someone you know and tries to get money, information, or in our case, a copy of our proprietary software.

If you haven't already, contact the FBI. They might be able to help.

Colorado Sonny likes this.
  5. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Well that was a big 180!

GoetzTalon and WC145 like this.
  6. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    The FBI is going to get right on it!

Rana, SVG, gaijin and 1 other person like this.
  7. TexasBB

TexasBB Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 23, 2014
    Has anyone checked to make sure that Alpina9 hasn’t been hacked? Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffK, AJP, ZoidMeister and 9 others like this.
  8. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    The ol' "My Facebook got hacked!" defense. I use it every time I have a few too many and start messaging old girlfriends at 2:00 AM.

Ummm, at least that's what I'd do if I ever had a few too many and started messaging old girlfriends at 2:00 AM.

Allegedly.

9. Mack01

Mack01 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 26, 2019
    Wow, just Wow. Paul sent me an email informing me my first weapon arrives on Monday, I will post pics when in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    It’s been quite a tale just glad it seems you should all get your pistols back
    :thumbs:

A45GUNNER likes this.
  11. RMF308

RMF308 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2019
    I appreciate the update on this. Looking forward to seeing these PD pistols.

A45GUNNER and Karl Beining like this.
  12. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    My personal dealings with @Alpina9 have been top notch. He is obviously a man of his word. So this caries some weight. This is not what I expected to see when I logged on this evening. Props to him for making this right. Skeptically glad to hear that his ship is being righted. Would mean loads to see Paul say it himself. No dog in this fight, just looking out for fellow addicts.

Dub, livinthelife, A45GUNNER and 3 others like this.
  13. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    I'm glad that the situation has been sorted out but we've been hearing/reading about issues for for years with PD - no communication, no guns delivered for years past the expected completion dates, questionable business practices in general. One would think that somewhere along the line Liebenberg would say or do something to set the record straight himself, considering it's his reputation on the line.
    Does this revelation really make all of that okay for you guys that have builds in the works with him?

Dub, GoetzTalon, Raven312 and 11 others like this.
  14. mtodd

mtodd 1911 lover Supporting Addict

Oct 8, 2012
    No, but at least I can breathe a sigh of relief that I didn't get $crewed outta $6K

15. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    It take a big man to publicly admit he was wrong. Good on you Alpina9.

16. sidewaysil80

sidewaysil80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 29, 2014
    I love how all the e-torches were lit and mob formed when a simple phone call would have resolved it prior to posting online.

17. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    A call to who? If you recall phone calls weren't answered, messages, emails, and letters weren't returned, people hadn't heard anything in years.

Dub, Busa Dave, livinthelife and 5 others like this.
  18. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    :roflmaro::spam:

19. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    There is more to this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.