1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Vendor
Follow me on Instagram for upcoming for sale items, keyword TexasPatriotArms
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Addicts: a couple of weeks ago I agreed to purchase a beautiful Colt Series 70 9mm for $1000 from Addict named "SAultrasolo", who posted it here. I noticed he did not have a trade rating but otherwise looked legit and had a "well known member" under his name.

Chicken Dinner Arms pm'd me to tell me that he suspected it could be a scam because the same seller had backed out of a TRP sale when CDA asked to see a pic of the gun with the seller's drivers license. I had already mailed my check but I was able to put a stop payment on it :finger:. Thanks Chicken Dinner!!

SAultrasolo went radio silent and didn't respond to my emails and posts on Addicts, and then finally surfaced a couple of days ago claiming he'd been in the hospital, near-death etc.etc.

Meanwhile, the person who lives at the address that he asked me to mail the check to, sent me my check and FFL back!! I'm guessing it's his poor dad or something. Another buddy of mine pm'd him and told him he would buy the Colt if the sale to me fell through. SAultrasolo proceeded to send him pics of yet another Colt that was for sale on Guns International.

Anyway, he said his name was Lawson Craig and his email was [email protected]. He'd built up like 150 posts within about 3 weeks but they were inane and in retrospect it's obvious he was trying to build a record to earn his "well known member" title.

He'll disappear but he's bound to pop up somewhere else at some point, under a different name. Man, it was such a pretty Colt too.....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That DOES suck - and thanks for the heads up! I've actually had dealings w/members here who shipped a pistol upon receipt of my personal check - long before it could have even been cleared by their bank. It's the "old school" way - and one becoming (sadly) all too rare. I was raised to consider my name and word to be sacred - and something to protect. Too many nowadays are just out for #1.

·
Vendor
Follow me on Instagram for upcoming for sale items, keyword TexasPatriotArms
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my experience 2nd Amendment supporters are among the most honorable Americans, and 1911 fanatics are even a step above that. I doubt this guy is either. Maybe because it’s so rare in our industry, it makes us easy targets. Thankfully there’s people among us like Chicken Dinner Arms who are more street smart than me!

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
3,595 Posts
there is not a chance in hell I would do business with anyone here who hasn't been around for a while. Regardless of anything else, classifieds here are a privilege... its not just a place for members to post junk.

With that said, if a deal is to good to be true, and/or its a great deal, they better have some solid reference points before we proceed. If they think that its a hassle I am not sure what to tell em, deal with it and move on.

Sorry to hear about the scammers moving into this forum. Just more a reason to be very cautious vs give people the benefit of the doubt.

What a shame.

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
I have delt with a few people on here that had no feedback. But I usually have them ship first are pay first if they don’t have feedback. We all started with no feedback but you just have to be real careful if dealing with someone without. But usually if they Leget they won’t mind doing the extra stuff to prove it. But yeah, you have to be very careful nowadays.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.