1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I seem to have had more than my share of pistols that for one reason or another have had to be sent back for warranty repair. Not here to bash any particular manufacturer but there is one that I have clearly had better luck with. Keep in mind some of the reasons were minor but needed attention nonetheless. I won’t get in to much detail but all but one were corrected satisfactorily.
Colorfulness Text White Line Style

Anyone else as snakebit as me?

·
Turgid member
674 Posts
My last two new S&Ws bought a couple years ago had to go back immediately.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Wilson X Tac had to go back due to a trigger bounce issue. Wilson warrantied it, and covered shipping both ways.

GI No Name for finish issues and slide fit problems. GI warrantied the gun.

Dan Wesson Valor, has not had any problems.

Les Baer Custom Carry has not had any problems to speak of.

Reactions: simonp

·
Registered
381 Posts
New Springfield RO champion 9mm.
I finished repairing it with help from folks here.

New Kimber micro 9 that they wanted $150.00 to repair because I messed with it. I had them send it back and repaired it my self.

S & W BG 38 twice because it shot loose in less than 500 rounds. I traded it.

Used Beretta 21a for a pitted chamber. Fixed quick and no charge .

3 day old charter arms Bulldog I blew up with someone else’s hand loads. They replaced it for free. I told them exactly what I did.

David

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
The ONLY gun I’ve ever had to send back was a Berretta Neos 22lr for a jammed/broken firing pin (approx 200 rounds in) This was also the very first firearm I bought, ever!! It was for the wife and she picked it out. We ended up trading it for a Bersa Thunder 380 which she loves.

Note: I figured buy her the very first one and it will be easier to add more. I figure if I was selfish and though of my wants first I would probably get more resistance buying more and I was correct.

·
Registered
249 Posts
three strikes and i'm out! i will never send a gun back for work. of course i'm talking decades ago. bought a ruger 22 rifle. the dove tail was way off and i couldn't zero in the windage. ruger did nothing. had a m27 that shaved lead so bad, it couldn't be safely shot. factory did nothing. sent a colt junior in for repairs and it was sent back 7 mos later with a letter declaring it was unsafe to shoot and colt will no longer be liable for it. all three were repaired by competent smiths..... soo i won't waste my time and postage anymore. problem now is, a good smith is hard to find. luckily, some 70 to eighty purchases gone by, all were as advertised.

·
Double Secret Banned
2,173 Posts
Other than a Bridgeport, I’ve got just about everything I could need so I’ve fixed everything pistol and revolver related for a couple of decades.

·
Premium Member
8,151 Posts
One and only I sent back for an issue was my Very Early EB FX KC9.
I got it back quickly.. fixed??? Not really.
They sent me a redesigned extractor that I replaced in about 2 minutes.
It has run great ever since.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.